Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Automatic goal seek

Options
  • 24-11-2012 1:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,547 ✭✭✭

Quick question. I've attached a simple enough excel worksheet.

Column A contains income. Column B, the tax rate and Column C, the amount of tax payable on the Income in Column B.

Now, I was to use Goal Seek to enter an amount of tax in Column C and I want excel to calculate how much income will get me the amount of tax I want in Column C. That much is easy.

However, is it possible to setup goal seek, so I can just type the amount of Tax payable I want into Column D and the figures will then just appear in Columns A and C ? Having to keep using Goal Seek for each and every calculation is very time consuming and this would be a nice solution is possible.

(NB: I've just attach a very simple sheet. The actually sheet I want to use goal seek on is much, much more complicated)

Comments

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,715 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

I haven't used goal seek, but does the attached work for you?

I might be misunderstanding what you're trying to do.

Advertisement