Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Huntington Castle - Reviews?

Options
  • 24-11-2012 7:00am
    Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,436 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hey

Has anyone been to a wedding at Huntington Castle (formerly Clonegal Castle) in Carlow?

We're looking for exclusive use, non-traditional venues, that offer non-traditional weddings - that list is small!

Have been in email contact with them, they seem REALLY nice and the grounds look great - however, I cant seem to find any online reviews or pictures of their dining room for the main meal / dancing.

Any feedback really appreciated!
    Thanks!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

I have stayed in huntington castle, not for a normal wedding, just a regular guest. We loved it. The places is amazing, it's a family owned castle, and they bent over backwards for us. The playground in the grounds is beautiful.

The dining room seemed huge when we were the only ones there, but I don't think it would take a massive group. Maybe 30? They would tell you how many they can seat.

That room is amazing. Huge portraits of the family looking down on you, all wood panels, stained glass windows, completely candlelit.

What is the story with food there though? The family cooked for us, which was lovely, but would they be able to cater a wedding?

Ballinacurra House in Kinsale might be another option for you. Exclusive, approved for weddings. Larger than huntington.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,436 Mod ✭✭✭✭Suaimhneach

They said they can fit 100 in their barn/hall - maybe it's not the main dining room? That's great to know though about the place - and they do seem really nice!

They have a list of caterers who'd do food/drinks etc.

Still havent heard from though, but I suppose it's only been a day!

Advertisement