Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ESB or Airtricty with new prices in Clare?

Options
  • 24-11-2012 6:23am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭

Hi All,

I presume the thread could have created before but I want to know what do you think or which electricity company are you with current price chart ?

There are at least 2 person ringing my bell to ask if i want to switch over because there is again price up with ESB.

I also heard some people not happy with Airtricity!

For you (ESB)Electric Ireland or Airtricity?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

I think they all offer discounts to entice you to move your business to them. I remember Bord Gais offering very good deals at one stage but I ended up moving back to the ESB after a while. I'm sure you can get good discounts if you don't mind changing provider every few months.

There is a price comparison website for utilities, the name of which escapes me but that maybe of help to you when deciding who to go with.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,530 ✭✭✭CptSternn

I was with ESB four years ago. I then switched to Airtricity because their prices were about half of ESB. The thing is, you only get those prices for TWO years as a 'new customer', then they jack them up hire than ESB and hope you don't leave. Needless to say I left Airtricity the month this happened and I noticed my monthly bill going from €70 to €120. I am now with Bord Gais as they too offer some good rates for new customers but I have been told like Airtricity they will jack them up after a year or two.

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭johnam

go to Bonkers.ie with a copy of your last bill, you can input you readings for either gas or electricity, or both combined, and it will show you which compnay offers the best rate for your usage. but as others have said, once the discounts run out, you will need to check again for who is cheapest, best advice is stay for the minimum length you can based on your contract and then move on for more discounts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭buzz_E

No.I haven`t switched over yet! I am still with ESB or Electric Ireland.(New Name)

Still afraid to loose money by switching it. Because I know from my experience that I was in contract with Eircom broadband and then a found out a different reasonable cheap broadband provider. But eircom charged me almost €70 for breaking the contract.

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭willow tree

buzz_E wrote: »
    No.I haven`t switched over yet! I am still with ESB or Electric Ireland.(New Name)

Still afraid to loose money by switching it. Because I know from my experience that I was in contract with Eircom broadband and then a found out a different reasonable cheap broadband provider. But eircom charged me almost €70 for breaking the contract.
    AFAIK & in my case, there's no charge for changing electricity providers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

AFAIK & in my case, there's no charge for changing electricity providers.
    This is correct.

However, if you try to leave before your contract is finished (i.e if you have a 12 month contract with a provider and you decide to leave in month seven) you may have to pay a penalty for breaking the contract.

Advertisement