Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheap printing?

Options
  • 24-11-2012 12:31am

Anybody know anywhere in Limerick where I can get three or four pages printed pretty cheap? I hate going to internet cafes and paying a Euro for a computer that I'm finished with after 3 minutes all to get two pages printed that cost around 20c. It's just so inefficient.

I thought I had found a masterplan today. I wrote out the internet address of a site I wanted printed off which was about two pages. My Mum was passing Moviedrome in Henry Street. I thought they were sound in there and if she asked the guy at the counter to print them off it would avoid the Euro for a computer fee. Bloody hell he charged her €1.20 and I assume the €1 was for pressing CTRL + P. Last time I go there.

Tried GBM in Lower Hartstonge Street. They have a enlightened system where you email them the document and they send you the cost in reply. Unfortunately they wanted €1.50 for two A4 black and white pages.

You might think it's me being stingy but if I wanted to practically give money away I'd rather give it to a charity than some small business with exorbitant prices. The last time I was in the Granary they had some ridiculously complex system for printing a few sheets of paper.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭aN.Droid

Get a printer if you don't want to put up with other places.

These places are running a business. It would not be worth their while offering a service for 20c. After vat that leaves them with about 16 cents. After costs that would be less than 10 cents. Do you think this is worth their while doing?

A minimum fee is the norm.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Still 1.50 or 1.20 is exorbitant for two pieces of paper and a bit of ink!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,291 ✭✭✭eclectichoney

What about the public libraries? Dooradoyle do it for 10 or 20c a page I think!

• Registered Users Posts: 39 only18

http://www.web7.ie/
    Offers library or university rates for printing cannot recommend them more.

Their office on the left at the crescent fountain, the owner is lovely and if you have a big document he will only charge for colour and b+w pages as you print. Correct me if im wrong about 10/15 c a b+w page and maybe 40c colour.

What about the public libraries? Dooradoyle do it for 10 or 20c a page I think!

I used to go to the library down by Docs but the last I saw (which was a year or two ago admittedly) they had brought in some ridiculously convoluted system where you had to purchase a printing card and basically jump through loads of hoops. I have a law degree but I had a headache trying to get my head around it. Dooradoyle is also just a little far from where I am (Edward Street) for a few pages.
    only18 wrote: »

Their office on the left at the crescent fountain, the owner is lovely and if you have a big document he will only charge for colour and b+w pages as you print. Correct me if im wrong about 10/15 c a b+w page and maybe 40c colour.

Sounds and looks awesome mate! I've emailed them just to make sure but thank you! :)

• Advertisement

only18 wrote: »

€1 minimum spend. :( The search continues!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 268 ✭✭Culleeo

€1 minimum spend. :( The search continues!

Off to the stingy thread with you :P

You do realise these companies that charge €1 or more are charging that price for the paper, the ink, and they also have to factor in the electricity and the wage of the person that is there to assist you :confused:

I actually think you're taking the piss :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 Eyeofbuddha

Not sure how competitive it would be, but I have been using the Docucentre shop on O'Connell St a few times (opposite Brazen Head). I remember prices to be quite good there.

Culleeo wrote: »
    Off to the stingy thread with you :P

You do realise these companies that charge €1 or more are charging that price for the paper, the ink, and they also have to factor in the electricity and the wage of the person that is there to assist you :confused:

I actually think you're taking the piss :)

Fair enough. I'm probably spoilt because I went to UL and only ever paid 5c per page. If a minimum charge of €1 in the city is the norm then I stand corrected. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭Raiser

Would you not just pick up a HP inket printer on Adverts.ie* Done Deal.

- I have had a few over the years and find they are reliable and very economical on ink usage.

Although presuming you may just have a tablet/iPhone etc?

* Adverts.ie - A ridiculously flawed website where you are forced to post messages for ~12 days trying to buy something before seller changes mind/dies/emigrates etc.

• Advertisement

I have a laptop mate but never had a printer. Aren't they big and clunky and require expensive refills? I just don't think it'd be sensible for printing about 10 pages per year. I did have a look an Amazon for a portable (which would mean small) printer but they're €500!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭redron74

Not sure how competitive it would be, but I have been using the Docucentre shop on O'Connell St a few times (opposite Brazen Head). I remember prices to be quite good there.
    Has never let me down. I would recommend at least checking it out.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭peckerhead

You can get a wireless HP 3050a all-in-one for €49.99 in Tesco including ink cartridges which should cover you for about 1,000 A4 pages (depending on what you're printing).

• Registered Users Posts: 4,462 ✭✭✭sioda

HP printers only come with starter inks

• Registered Users Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭Raiser

peckerhead wrote: »
    You can get a wireless HP 3050a all-in-one for €49.99 in Tesco including ink cartridges which should cover you for about 1,000 A4 pages (depending on what you're printing).

Wow - Had no idea these were so cheap!

- Great buy OP.

Advertisement