Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fridge freezer malfunction?

Options
  • 23-11-2012 7:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,266 ✭✭✭

We have a 7 year old Hotpoint fridge freezer, model RFA08.

It's never given us much trouble, but recently the freezer compartment got badly clogged up and we de-frosted it. To speed up the process, we used a steam cleaner to melt some of the larger ice chunks.

However, since we turned it back on, it's not working right. Only half of the coil in the freezer compartment appears to getting cold, the motor is running almost constantly (it does switch itself off now and again) and it's making rather strange 'gurgling' noises. The top compartment seems to be working OK.

So what's the verdict? Is it repairable, the missus is hankering after a new one altogether but I'd prefer to leave it until the January sales?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭galway1973

MayoForSam wrote: »
    We have a 7 year old Hotpoint fridge freezer, model RFA08.

It's never given us much trouble, but recently the freezer compartment got badly clogged up and we de-frosted it. To speed up the process, we used a steam cleaner to melt some of the larger ice chunks.

However, since we turned it back on, it's not working right. Only half of the coil in the freezer compartment appears to getting cold, the motor is running almost constantly (it does switch itself off now and again) and it's making rather strange 'gurgling' noises. The top compartment seems to be working OK.

So what's the verdict? Is it repairable, the missus is hankering after a new one altogether but I'd prefer to leave it until the January sales?
    Try a defrost again but no help this time from steam cleaner.give it 48 hours with doors open.then retry.i would hope it is just a blockage some where but hopfully this will sort it.

Advertisement