Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Power Supply Flashing NOT plugged in

Options
  • 23-11-2012 6:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

Hi all,
    I just bought a new xbox 360 its the black slimline. I have the power plug unplugged and I noticed that the orange light is flashing non stop and it has been for a few hours. It will turn off if I unplugged it from the back of the xbox.
    Anyone know what is going on and if there is anything to worry about, also where is it getting the power from to keep flashing??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭Meesared

Dimebag16 wrote: »
    Hi all,
    I just bought a new xbox 360 its the black slimline. I have the power plug unplugged and I noticed that the orange light is flashing non stop and it has been for a few hours. It will turn off if I unplugged it from the back of the xbox.
    Anyone know what is going on and if there is anything to worry about, also where is it getting the power from to keep flashing??
    Return the Xbox, if youve only just bought it, you have a faulty PSU on your hands

• Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭bennyc

Meesared wrote: »
    Return the Xbox, if you've only just bought it, you have a faulty PSU on your hands

What he said.. if you box it up and take it back they have to give you out a replacement XBox , you don't have to return it to microsoft yourself you can request a replacement from where ever you got it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,794 ✭✭✭Xcellor

Dimebag16 wrote: »
    Hi all,

If this was a laptop charger I would say its a safety feature. If you accidently unplug the cable it flashes to warn you its no longer connected.

The block retains residual power even after you have unplugged it. This is normal. I have a laptop charger that has a blue led on it and I can unplug it and bring it upstairs and it will still be illuminated by the time I plug it back in.

Maybe best phoning MS and ask about this behaviour they will be able to advise and if it is a fault return ASAP.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭Meesared

http://support.xbox.com/en-IE/xbox-360/console-power/check-power-supply

Look here, needs to be replaced, so exchanging the console is the best bet

Advertisement