Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Christmas ripoff

Options
  • 23-11-2012 5:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭

Ground almonds on offer in one of the major supermarkers for €4 - supposedly on special and reduced from €4.99 for 200 grams - save 99c. In Lidl for €1.99 for 200 grams:D

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

199 quid seems tad expensive.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

How about putting a currency in your post?:) Or does your phone have no currency symbols;).

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Wheres's the bargain?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

snubbleste wrote: »
    Wheres's the bargain?

Lidl. Apparently..

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

I presume you're on about Tesco, they sell ground almonds 200g for €1.99
    Did you overlook this important fact OP?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

Dont mind em Maggie

They are all just Haters because you posted this wonderfull bargain 1st,before any of them could post it.:pac::pac::D

• Site Banned Posts: 5,676 ✭✭✭jayteecork

Ground almonds on offer in one of the major supermarkers for €4 - supposedly on special and reduced from €4.99 for 200 grams - save 99c. In Lidl for €1.99 for 200 grams:D

Thanks, Maggie.

It's funny but I have to but a kilo of almonds and was planning on getting them I tesco but thanks to you I'm going to Lidl and saving 9.95! Handy at this time of year let me tell ya!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,927 ✭✭✭paddyp

Whenever I look at the nuts in tesco I think
    - twice the price of sirloin steak I'll take the steak please.

Lidl price is about the same as buying 5kg at a time from wholefoods supplier.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭green123

jayteecork wrote: »
    It's funny but I have to but a kilo of almonds and was planning on getting them I tesco but thanks to you I'm going to Lidl and saving 9.95! Handy at this time of year let me tell ya!

as snubbleste has already pointed out tesco have them for the same price as lidl, so you wont be saving anything by going to lidl.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭green123

this is the same mistake that people make all the time when comparing prices in tesco against lidl.

lidl dont offer the same amount of choice as tesco. for example here with the almonds tesco have the shamrock brand almonds at 4 euro and the tesco brand almonds at 1.99.

so people come along and say tesco are a rip off because they compare a brand name from tesco with the non-brand name in lidl.

when in fact in most cases the tesco own brand or tesco value brand is the same price as lidl.

http://www.tesco.ie/groceries/product/search/default.aspx?searchBox=almonds&N=4294955591

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,365 ✭✭✭✭ted1

Tesco own brand losses to lidl or aldi every time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 169 ✭✭kodoherty93

Lidls and aldis own brand are generally made by the branded companies. Eg aldi honky dory knock offs are exactly hunky dorys.

Lidl own brand is generally brilliant quality. Tesco on the other hand not so much. I would pick lidl or aldi over it any day

Advertisement