Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Latest QI book on Kindle

Options
  • 23-11-2012 5:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭

1,227 QI Facts To Blow Your Socks Off [Kindle Edition] available on Amazon.co.uk for £0.20. Link here

I got it 30 minutes ago for $0.38 on Amazon.com but it seems to be back at $9.89 there now.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭omahaid

I just got it a second ago for $0.39, cheers OP

• Registered Users Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭Prenderb

Not currently available when I check.

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭mtdelany

omahaid wrote: »

HMMMM

the Kindle Store on Amazon.co.uk is for UK customers only. To shop for titles available for your country, please visit Amazon.com.

*** Bought it okay from the US page for $.39c (probably 30c)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭Vojera

Just got it for $0.39. Cheers!

mtdelany wrote: »
    HMMMM

the Kindle Store on Amazon.co.uk is for UK customers only. To shop for titles available for your country, please visit Amazon.com.

Yep, amazon.com

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭shaneor

Same here from .com. Thanks OP, great price!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,670 ✭✭✭Rascasse

Don't they delete the book and refund you if it's a misprice? I can't imagine this is meant to be so cheap as it was only released 3 weeks ago.

I'm tempted, but not if its going to disappear in a few hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 932 ✭✭✭swampy353

got it now

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭Hugo_Whoriskey

Thanks Op, got it on the. Com site just now, still discounted for me

Rascasse wrote: »
    Don't they delete the book and refund you if it's a misprice? I can't imagine this is meant to be so cheap as it was only released 3 weeks ago.

Never thought of that, I just assumed it was a black friday sale item

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,093 ✭✭✭Occono

I'm in the UK for Erasmus, will they accept an Irish Debit Card if they use my address here?

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Nortcider

Got it as well for $0.39. Thanks OP.
    Started reading a bit of it. Quite interesting. It'll pass a couple of hours when I'm bored.

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭Hugo_Whoriskey

Rascasse wrote: »

I'm tempted, but not if its going to disappear in a few hours.

Can they only delete it if your connected wirelessly / over 3g?

If so I won't be reconnecting until I've read it

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭jrd

Add the book to Calibre, convert format to whatever and it should be yours forever, no matter what Amazon do.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

Never thought of that, I just assumed it was a black friday sale item

The other qi books seem to have about 20cents knocked off the price. So not too sure if it was meant to be something similar with this.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,902 ✭✭✭gipi

mtdelany wrote: »
    HMMMM

Occono wrote: »
    I'm in the UK for Erasmus, will they accept an Irish Debit Card if they use my address here?

You can use the .co.uk site if you have a UK delivery address recorded with Amazon. I use my Irish visa card with a UK delivery address and have had no problems buying kindle books from there.

• Registered Users Posts: 827 ✭✭✭daingeanrob

thanks op. just purchased there..

I bought it too in the end. As suggested I converted it with calibre first (after fixing the drm, which was a pain) so it won't disappear if it is a misprice.

Thanks op. Worth the 20p - definitely not a tenner!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,321 ✭✭✭Jackobyte

Just grabbed this for 20p. Have a BT11AA address linked with the account so could use the UK site. Great spot OP.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,661 ✭✭✭Zimmerframe

39 cents Thanks OP.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,117 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

Sound good, cheers OP

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,088 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

I doubt they would go and delete stuff remotely again as that caused them no end of grief when they did it with a version of 1984.

Got it yesterday for 20p. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭dowtchaboy

Got it from .com site. Thanks OP.
    It's amusing - but I would feel totally cheated if I had paid anything like full price.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,934 ✭✭✭Dotcomdolly

Got it from .co.uk site, thanks OP.

• Registered Users Posts: 398 ✭✭d@rk l0rd

Jackobyte wrote: »
    Just grabbed this for 20p. Have a BT11AA address linked with the account so could use the UK site. Great spot OP.

I have the BT11AA address on my account too, used to be able to use the UK site for Kindle downloads but now it's telling me I can't, though my country setting is still set to UK! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,726 ✭✭✭gerryk

Nortcider wrote: »
    Got it as well for $0.39. Thanks OP.
    Started reading a bit of it. Quite interesting. It'll pass a couple of hours when I'm bored.

Unsurprisingly.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭shockwave

Just got it today, still up for 0.39 cent on Amazon.com

• Registered Users Posts: 5,779 ✭✭✭podgeandrodge

Nortcider wrote: »
    Quite interesting.
    gerryk wrote: »
    Unsurprisingly.

It may actually have been nortcider's pun!

This is now 22 in the Amazon bestsellers list and 1 in the Kindle bestsellers. If they haven't realised yet they never will.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭galldar

Managed to get this at last. Had kept telling me it was unavailable. Changed invoice address to the parcel motel address I use last night, and it let me buy it today! :D

Advertisement