Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Ireland - powering kindness

Options
  • 23-11-2012 11:36am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,073 ✭✭✭

Kindly knock a few quid off my lecky bill, thanks.

The Bothar goat has some competition on the annoying radio ad stakes!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

I'm amazed at how this campaign has engulfed the media. Every radio station is advertising it, I saw it on TV3 the other night and it's all over Boards!

Impressive marketing by Electric Ireland

• Registered Users Posts: 2,952 ✭✭✭Lando Griffin

I for one am peed off with showing random bits of kindness.
    Hold door open for woman with buggy, drives over foot with buggy no word of thanks or sorry.
    Let some one into a line of traffic, no thanking hazzards then they block a person form entering said line of traffic further up the street.
    Say thanks at tellor in shop then they put change on counter and walk away.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 853 ✭✭✭toexpress

On the radio this morning I heard how families are asking that their electricity be disconnected in an effort to save money ... Yeah they are all about the kindness ...

• Registered Users Posts: 748 ✭✭✭EmptyTree

The Bothar goat has some competition on the annoying radio ad stakes!

A bit off topic - But neither ad has anything on those bloody panto (june rodgers, tivoli etc) radio ads, they seem to be constantly on the radio :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

Fugg them, they only care so long as your paying your bills. If you have difficulty paying it or fall behind they won't give one ****e about you and cut you without hesitation.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,568 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

300,000 are officially unable to pay their electricity bills.
    The companies don't give a damn.

...Well thats a lie - they do when you can't pay!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,327 ✭✭✭Madam_X

CJC999 wrote: »
    Fugg them, they only care so long as your paying your bills. If you have difficulty paying it or fall behind they won't give one ****e about you and cut you without hesitation.
    Incorrect. If you're having trouble paying bills and you tell the utility company ASAP, they will set up a payment plan for you or install a prepay meter in the case of electricity/gas.

And disconnection occurs after several notices and no effort to pay, not "without hesitation".

Best not to post misinformation regarding a relatively serious concern.

If customers keep letting arrears pile up and stick their head in the sand too, they're being foolish - it's a two-way street.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,815 ✭✭✭stimpson

EmptyTree wrote: »
    A bit off topic - But neither ad has anything on those bloody panto (june rodgers, tivoli etc) radio ads, they seem to be constantly on the radio :mad:

Oh no they aren't!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭RoundyMooney

Madam_X wrote: »
    Best not to post misinformation regarding a relatively serious concern.

If customers keep letting arrears pile up and stick their head in the sand too, they're being foolish - it's a two-way street.

This.

And posting populist (and utterly false) bollocks for the sake of it is just as bad :)

Advertisement