Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2.7 gHz vs 2.9 gHz - Worth the price difference ?

Options
  • 23-11-2012 11:33am
    Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭

Hi There,

I am looking at jumping into the Apple world for the first time and am looking at the 21" iMac (Would love the 27" but can't justify spending €2000 on a computer with a new baby in the house:)

There are 2 versions of the 21". A 2.7 and a 2.9 gHz. Everything else seems to be the same on them but there's a €200 price difference.

I was wondering if people think this is worth it or would I be better off using the €200 and adding more RAM.

I will be using it predominately with Photoshop and other photo editing tools as I am a keen photographer. I am not a gamer nor am I a developer so it would not be used for either of these things.

Cheers in Advance.

Mark S

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,011 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

• Registered Users Posts: 2,019 ✭✭✭Colonel Panic

There just aren't many real world instances where this would make a difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭Nonoperational

I'd say no.

• Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭EoghanConway

Considering that the price difference between the two processors is probably about €50, I'd have to say no.

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭Dean_Mc

No.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,854 ✭✭✭Sinfonia

Also no.

How much RAM are you planning to add by the way?

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭markst33

Would be looking to have about 8 gigs of RAM starting off and see how I got on.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭ZENER

I don't think the 21" is user upgradable in the RAM department. What you order is all you get afaik !

Ken

Advertisement