Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Excel Documents

Options
  • 23-11-2012 10:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,090 ✭✭✭

I have a large excel document with lots of worksheets. I have the same trouble every year so this year Im trying to solve it early!

I need to create a new one for 2013 so what I would normally do is create a copy of 2012 and rename it 2013 and then delete the contents so its blank to start in Jan. However what tends to happen is some of the formulas and drop down lists get deleted too.

How can I create a new document but keep all the formulas etc?

Comments

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,715 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

Hi,

If you like, you can send me a copy at hullaballoo{at}bmail.ie and I'll see if I can generate a template that you can save and then just change the year.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,858 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

click on the bit at the very top right of the sheet to highlight it all
    copy

on to new sheet

right click in cell A1

paste special - untick the options you don't want like values

• Registered Users Posts: 5,090 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

click on the bit at the very top right of the sheet to highlight it all
    copy

on to new sheet

right click in cell A1

paste special - untick the options you don't want like values

Tried that. It will let me paste all or one option (wont let me tick multiple) so I lose the drop down lists and keep the formulas or vice versa

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,858 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Dovies wrote: »
    Tried that. It will let me paste all or one option (wont let me tick multiple) so I lose the drop down lists and keep the formulas or vice versa
    you could try pasting again with the bits you are missing

Advertisement