Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Iphone users only - Free app/vouchers/iphone 5

Options
  • 23-11-2012 1:11am
    Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭

Hi

I came across this site where you download app for free, by downloading their apps you are given "spins" on a slot machine, the machine then gives you points, the more points you get the better the gift you can choose, they range from paid apps for free, amazon vouchers, itunes vouchers, ipad mini, iphone 5 etc, you would need to save a lot up for the iphone and ipad but I mostly get the amazon vouchers, I've made a good amount so far by just "spinning" to use it you need to go to http://tinyurl.com/freeamazonvouchers
    from your iphone only, its verified by APPLE so there is nothing to worry about, you dont need to register or give them any of your details.
    It doesnt work from Android or PC only Iphone running IOS
    For proof I've included a screen shot of my amazon claims so far.

28mjonq.jpg

Check it out by going to http://tinyurl.com/freeamazonvouchers from your iphone.

*I do not work for this company, I did think it was too good to be true until I tried it out (youll see the $1 test vouchers at the end of the pic, then kept my points to get the higher amounts)
    They have a facebook page too.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Bigcheeze

What's the scam here folks ?

Obviously not "verified by Apple" as it's a web app.

When tried in a pc browser it attempts to download a .mobileconfig file so I would steer well clear.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 magicwiccan

Bigcheeze wrote: »
    What's the scam here folks ?

Obviously not "verified by Apple" as it's a web app.

When tried in a pc browser it attempts to download a .mobileconfig file so I would steer well clear.

It's actually real and. Genuine, open the web app on your phone and it goes to install a profile, here you'll see the verified by apple certificate before you go any further, the reason they install the a profile is to keep track of the apps you download so they can credit your acc but to make sure you can't download the same app twice and get twice as many credits. I've been using that for awhile and freemyapps
    A quick google search will give you all the info and proof you need.

It only works on iOS and through Safari

• Registered Users Posts: 860 ✭✭✭boardzz

Wow thats two people who suggest it's real, it must be genuine. I'm sure the fact they are both new members registered in January has nothing of significance.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,558 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

no such thing as a free lunch.

"by downloading their apps you are given "spins" on a slot machine, the machine then gives you points, the more points you get the better the gift you can choose, they range from paid apps for free, amazon vouchers, itunes vouchers, ipad mini, iphone 5 etc"

cm-28465-0508c4629cb9cf.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭fox007

I have used this twice to get angry birds Star Wars edition .99c and Grand theft auto $4.99 you must have a USA iTunes account or it will not work.I stopped playing the slots as you have to be at it a long time to get any more apps than these two.its not a scam tho

• Advertisement

boardzz wrote: »
    Wow thats two people who suggest it's real, it must be genuine. I'm sure the fact they are both new members registered in January has nothing of significance.

Eh I register in Jan 2012 and the OP register a year before me, in 2011

You do need an itune American acc but for amazon you don't.
    To use American iTunes just register a new account and put USA as the country. Handy if you want apps only available in America

Yeah I found the slots slow at times too but exciting enough

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

Anything that downloads something to your phone outside the normal iTunes channel should be considered very high risk.

I certainly wouldn't do it.
    Eh I register in Jan 2012 and the OP register a year before me, in 2011

It is quite clear to me that there is a VERY strong connection between you and deadimmortal, so please don't insult our intelligence.

Tom Dunne wrote: »
    Anything that downloads something to your phone outside the normal iTunes channel should be considered very high risk.

I certainly wouldn't do it.

It is quite clear to me that there is a VERY strong connection between you and deadimmortal, so please don't insult our intelligence.

Haha believe what you want.
    That's why apple have verification certificates so your intelligence shoul be revaluated

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 1,176 Mod ✭✭✭✭vinnycoyne

Haha believe why you want.
    That's why apple have verification certificates so your intelligence shoul be revaluated

Those certs are generated from SSL certs. Anyone with a domain can buy one. It doesn't mean they're verified by Apple in any way.

Okay fair enough but I've come across similar webapps that arent verified, thats why I recommended goggling them first to make sure your 100% comfortable

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

There is a reference URL behind that tinyurl link
    http://freeappslots.com/enduser/fas/splash.htm?refcode=XXXX so I'd image it's way to try to draw people in.

I won't be using it anyway.

yeah that's true. Made $50 Amazon on it over the weekend, but just realised when I went to use it that the vouchers can only be used on Amazon.com and not the UK version, so dont plan on buying anything too big and heavy. Still works though.

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭deadimmortal

Freeappslots.net directs to featurepoints which is a similar program but doesnt require you to "spin"

Advertisement