Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chemical engineering.

Options
  • 23-11-2012 12:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Have my heart set on chemical engineering at the moment, haven't really got the money to move away from home to study it as an undergrauate. Wondering if it's a fair asssumption to make that (Excluding maybe civil) all the engineering discipline are quite inter-changeble. And, in doing an undergraduate in any discipline, to a relatively high standard, would enable me to do one of the master chemical/process engineering programs?
    Anybody have any past experience of doing this? Thanks Tony.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,616 ✭✭✭FISMA

T.dog wrote: »
    Have my heart set on chemical engineering at the moment, haven't really got the money to move away from home to study it as an undergrauate. Wondering if it's a fair asssumption to make that (Excluding maybe civil) all the engineering discipline are quite inter-changeble. And, in doing an undergraduate in any discipline, to a relatively high standard, would enable me to do one of the master chemical/process engineering programs?
    Anybody have any past experience of doing this? Thanks Tony.

Chem-e's are one of the highest paid undergrad degrees there are. In the States, I think the average starting salary is $80K!

If I were you I would do the Chem-e degree, move away if you have to. Then go abroad and do your Masters in Petroleum Engineering.

If you get a undergrad in Chem-e, you'll be recruited right out of Ireland on some visa, if you so choose.

Advertisement