Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AIB > Transfer to PayPal > 13 character kiosk limit

Options
  • 22-11-2012 9:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭

I'd like to point out an experience.

I am an AIB customer. I have successfully transferred funds to my PayPal account for a number of years. I've done this using the kiosk terminals in various AIB branches.

The last two transfers to PayPal seemingly vanished into a black hole. I had to send multiple emails to PayPal to eventually track down my transferred funds.

I was scratching my head, thinking this was a 'user error', I would recheck the ID code, supplied by PayPal, again and again.

I didn't think that the terminals would have been tweaked in some manner.. and blindly accepted that it was business as usual.

Today, again trying to transfer funds to PayPal, I finally twigged. The input field for a 'message', on the kiosks, where a PayPal user would enter their identifier code (PayPal ID code) has been shortened by two characters.

My PayPal ID as supplied is 15 alpha numeric characters.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

The AIB kiosk will only accept the following, 13 characters.

XXXXXXXXXXXXX

I called over a member of staff and asked her was it 'worth logging' for the IT department. I then wondered out loud if I might contact them.

She rang the IT Dept. Who said it was 'always 13 characters', 'everywhere'.

Somewhat annoying.

The encounter wasn't negative in any way, I just 'accepted' what was being said, smiled politely and left.

---

Can someone clear this up for me, can you enter 15 characters through their app?

Is anyone a happy AIB PayPal user with a 15 character ID code, that has no transfer issues?

Many thanks.

Advertisement