Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bitdefender 70% off Black Friday/Cyber Monday

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,932 ✭✭✭dodzy

PC CDROM wrote: »
    2013 Versions

http://www.bitdefender.com/media/html/blackfriday2012/?pid=NO_BlackFriday&et_cid=NO_BlackFriday_EXP_Prod&force_country=gr&rp_mid=BlackFriday_NO_EXP_Prod&rp_rid=8200631

If that's your thing.

Meant to be pretty good but I have been Kaspersky for the last 5 years or so.

The lifetime one btw if the PC life time (5 years)
    Not yours. :P

A username like that......and you actually pay for AV software:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭zenno

dodzy wrote: »
    A username like that......and you actually pay for AV software:eek:

Don't be fooled by the free antivirus software as it's just basic security. If someone cannot afford a decent one then by all means use a free one as it's better than nothing but nowhere near as good as say kaspersky. Those free ones always have problems removing the nasty viruses and keyloggers, hence, why most people purchase good antivirus and firewall protection.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

Madness. I've been using Microsoft Security Essentials for years. That, together with AdBlocker plus extension for Chrome/Firefox and most importantly, some common sense when surfing you're more than covered.
    Haven't had a virus in well over 3-4 years.

Saying that, for those people out there who want piece of mind through actually paying for their antivirus, it's not a bad price. No idea if it's any use though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 408 ✭✭PC CDROM

Madness. I've been using Microsoft Security Essentials for years. That, together with AdBlocker plus extension for Chrome/Firefox and most importantly, some common sense when surfing you're more than covered.

Saying that, for those people out there who want piece of mind through actually paying for their antivirus, it's not a bad price. No idea if it's any use though.

Well said but you obviously know what you are doing. There are many people who don't though. The older generation etc not that I am taring everyone with the same brush!

Seemed to me like a good deal for one of the "top" performing ones.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭zenno

I mean for 16 euro for kaspersky it's nothing really for the whole year it's anti-add banner is probably the best out there imo but there are tons of other things that a free anti-virus and firewall cannot do as well as this one but everyone to themselves really. Sure kaspersky pure 2 of which i put up on a thread here is 6 months free so it's not really paying for it as even a 6 month free one is perfecto.

Maybe i'm just so used to kaspersky and it's settings as i use it a lot for allowing and disallowing certain things to connect or not on a daily basis and i'm just used to it. security essentials is very good for free though and so is avast. avast is probably the better one.

For anyone that's interested...Kaspersky pure 2 free for 6 months. http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=81670322#post81670322

• Advertisement
Advertisement