Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where did you buy your pram?...

Options
  • 22-11-2012 4:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10

Is there any websites I can look on for decent prams/travel systems? I know there is Mothercare, Mamas & Papas, Argos and Smyths. But does anyone know of anywhere else I can look?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,459 ✭✭✭Chucken

My daughter just bought hers from http://stores.ebay.ie/babyaccessoriesireland?_trksid=p4340.l2563

She had bought a Graco travel system 2nd hand but it just seemed too bulky for her.

• Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭josey_whale

AislingM18 wrote: »
    But does anyone know of anywhere else I can look?

We bought all our kids stuff from Bella Baby in Oranmore, Co. Galway. They have since expanded and now have shops in Cork and Dublin. Very friendly and customer focused. They were a pleasure to deal with. I would highly recommend them.

http://www.bellababy.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭Rachineire

We bought our Pram at Tralee Gas and Nursery Supplies...it was well worth the drive from Limerick if you are in any way on this side of the country at all. Got a great package deal and they were so friendly and helpful and courteous! Will be doing more business with them in the future thats for sure!

• Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭scrgirl

In Dublin there is tony kealys and euro babies too, better selection than those you mentioned. Also try kiddiecare.co.uk.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,119 ✭✭✭Ms2011

Bought mine on Averts.ie

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

bought everything on kiddicare.com

• Registered Users Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭MistyCheese

We bought all our kids stuff from Bella Baby in Oranmore, Co. Galway. They have since expanded and now have shops in Cork and Dublin. Very friendly and customer focused. They were a pleasure to deal with. I would highly recommend them.

http://www.bellababy.ie/

Bella Baby stuff is lovely, and so are the staff, but himself and I found it verrry expensive. If money were no object we'd be buying loads from there but unfortunatley money is an object and an object in too short a supply at the mo.

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭Little My

I'd go to the bricks and mortar shops, try out everything, then find an online price and go with whatevers cheaper.

Many shops will price match, and it is easier to bring faulty things back to a shop than doing it with online shops.

But online ones are nearly always cheaper, and places like kiddicare and others nearly always have offers, flash sales or voucher codes. Don't forget to check amazon as well.

I bought a car seat last week from kiddicare which came to £177.87 (€219 approx) but is €315 in Bellababy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

Tony Kealy's. They were the ones recommended for the carseats by the hospital. They fit carseats not bought in their shop too.

They seemed to take returns seriously, I asked them about a make, and they said they didn't stock them anymore as they were poor quality, and a lot came back. They are good for spare parts as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,644 ✭✭✭✭lazygal

Tony Kealy's are excellent. We had dealings with them, as have family members, and the advice/aftercare is excellent. We got our main pram/buggy in the sale in Mothercare, bought online having been advised there were good offers online by an instore salesperson. Have had no issues at all and it was great value for money.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

We got our stuff from Murphy's at a great price, but they've unfortunately closed down in the last few weeks :/

I know bellababy has a reputation for being expensive, but we were in last week and got a couple of big things at the same or a better price than Kealy's.

I think they're a bit pricey on the fashion stuff like changing bags, clothes, etc, but competitive on consumables and hardware.

• Registered Users Posts: 967 ✭✭✭highly1111

Tony Kealys are brilliant. I'd also recommend them also.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,669 ✭✭✭uli84

anybody knows if it's possible to buy from kiddicare.com (i.e-payment in pounds) and get it delivered to Ireland? Or do I have to use kiddicare.ie if I want the pram delivered to Dublin? (the exchange rate is terrible....)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭Rachineire

uli84 wrote: »
    anybody knows if it's possible to buy from kiddicare.com (i.e-payment in pounds) and get it delivered to Ireland? Or do I have to use kiddicare.ie if I want the pram delivered to Dublin? (the exchange rate is terrible....)
    What about using parcel motel for delivering?? Only costs 3.50 for delivery and people will use that to get things delivered to Ireland from the UK and avoid huge shipping costs and things that normally wouldnt get shipped over....Google it to see if there is a parcel motel close to you!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

I always used the UK site and it was 10 delivery but it has probably changed.

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭Ericaa

Advertisement