Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gigs in Galway

Options
  • 22-11-2012 4:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

How's it going?

I'm a solo musician and singer based in Co. Cork. Looking to play a gig in Galway soon. Does anyone know of any venues/promoters/musicians I could approach that may be able to help me?

Thanks Niall

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 863 ✭✭✭GastroBoy

Plenty of opportunities in Galway for a musician.
    Are you a covers musician or original music?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭Interceptor

Are you any good? Post a video and we can tell you what we think and which venues might suit your style.

'cptr

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭confuseddotcom

Just wondering O.P. if you would not be better posting in the Music Forum? 'Cuz even if people aren't in Galway, even if they can't help out themselves, there's a good chance that somebody in that Forum might have contacts in the Industry in Galway that they could put you in touch with......

• Registered Users Posts: 5 NiallVita

yeah here's my website...
    it's all original stuff
    I use a loop pedal with effects etc.
    There's some lo-fi vids on the site and links to music on bandcamp

www.vitamusic.net

any help greatly appreciated

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,153 ✭✭✭Shakti

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,728 ✭✭✭dilallio

Have a look here at the Roisin Sessions which takes place once a month in the Roisin Dubh. It has been running for the past 2 years or so.

http://www.facebook.com/roisinsessions/info

From their Facebook page:
    It is an opportunity for bands and songwriters to preform in a relaxed and chilled out venue upstairs in the Roisin Dubh.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,063 ✭✭✭galwaybabe

Been listening to your music. Like it a lot. I think you would suit a venue called the Cellar - http://www.thecellar.ie/ They do gigs downstairs there
    Another venue to look at is Sally Longs

Thank you all for the info..

The Roisin Dubh sessions may be the way to go as it's a ready made gig with an audience which would suit an unkown coming to the city.

I'll be sure to let ye know if and when I'm playing. In the meantime let me know if you think of anywhere else.

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 4,388 ✭✭✭inisboffin

NiallVita wrote: »
    Thank you all for the info..

The Roisin Dubh sessions may be the way to go as it's a ready made gig with an audience which would suit an unkown coming to the city.

I'll be sure to let ye know if and when I'm playing. In the meantime let me know if you think of anywhere else.

Cheers

Best of luck with it, just know that a lot if not most of the original (in particular singer/songwriter) nights are unpaid, people do it for exposure and perhaps a pint. Keep us posted.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 JimTheSlacker

Savage tunes NiallVita!

• Advertisement

Hey Thanks Jim,
    I've got a new album coming out very soon. Gonna be mastering it next month in London. Do you play or promote yourself?

• Registered Users Posts: 9 JimTheSlacker

I play in band called Slackers Symphony. We`re from Cork, but we live in Dublin now. Gotta a couple of tunes here https://soundcloud.com/slackers-symphony.

Looking to do gigs ourselves around the country as well. New to the whole booking gigs and arranging them with venues!

haha, that's funny cos I used to play in a band called Slacker and we were based in Cork.. really diggin your tunes.
    best of luck with it.
    Let me know if your playing in Cork anytime

Advertisement