Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clan Wars

Options
  • 22-11-2012 3:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭

Just out of interest has CW changed at all or is it the same format ?
    again wondering if CRY still soldiering on in CW land grab or is Company battles the norm now?
    are all the big land masses essentially still held by a few big clans in a eternal stalemate?

I play randoms now and seems to me there are lots of new players and standard of players have gone down .

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,162 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Cry still takes land on a fairly regular basis. Cry2 is readying up for clan wars now as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭BigEejit

[DF]Lenny wrote: »
    seems to me there are lots of new players and standard of players have gone down .

Yup, playing in randoms is frustrating .... you will see the entire team following the top tank, leroys, hiding in the back of the base etc etc.

You have to wonder sometimes how the hell they get to tier 6, 7, 8, 9 or 10. I suspect people gave their accounts to a younger sibling or friend.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,277 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

BigEejit wrote: »
    Yup, playing in randoms is frustrating .... you will see the entire team following the top tank, leroys, hiding in the back of the base etc etc.

You have to wonder sometimes how the hell they get to tier 6, 7, 8, 9 or 10. I suspect people gave their accounts to a younger sibling or friend.
    You still get experience when lossing a game... I had a guy in a T110E5 complaining about how randoms sucked and everyone were n00bs yet the person had a 43% win rate (i.e. being on his side in a team was detrimental to your chances of winning (avg. is 48% global)).

There's also a big European war kicking off between yellow and grey which should hopefully shake things up a bit in Europe but the simple fact is that CW is a pyramid. There's plenty of newish clans out there at lower tiers and the medium tiers gets more and more squeesed (can't get into Europe, Africa is meh) and with Europe being held by mega alliances (10+ top tier clans) your chance of a foothold there and keeping it are slim... Not sure what could be done about it though (tank lock did not help, rotating the favorability to attackers will not help etc.).

Advertisement