Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tolberone?

Options
  • 22-11-2012 1:34am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭

Greetings! I'm a longtime lurker on this lovely forum and figured it was about time I went and said hello.
    I'm looking for some recipes that involve Tolberone bars- any kind will do. My uncle has an unabashed love of the yokes and I'd love to whip up something special to surprise him with.
    I'm not entirely sure if he likes cheesecake, though, so I'm a little bit stumped as to what to do.
    Can anyone offer any suggestions?

Danke schon! :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,057 ✭✭✭MissFlitworth

Toblerone fondue is nice (if unholy sweet)

http://www.nigella.com/recipes/view/toblerone-fondue-117

Haven't tried any of these but they're all toblerone recipes from the Kraft Canada website

http://m.kraftcanada.com/searchrecipes.do?searchtext=Toblerone&pid=1&sortby=&cn=EN

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭McChubbin

I think I just got diabetes from looking at that recipe...
    Not sure if fondue would be the way to go. I've never made it before so I'd be a little wary..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭TeletextPear

• Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭annamcmahon

Chocolate chunk cookies using chunks of tolberone would be delicious.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

I made Toblerone mousse before, it was amazing.

• Advertisement

Chocolate chunk cookies using chunks of tolberone would be delicious.
    Oooh, yes this sounds good! I'm always on the lookout for a good cookie recipe. Link please? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭RoseBlossom

A friend of mine made a lovely flourless chocolate cake the other day, the chocolate component being a melted dark chocolate Toblerone. It was lovely - a crisp surface, very chocolate-y flavour but not as heavy or rich as chocolate cake usually is. You couldn't tell it was made with Toblerone though, so that might rule it out!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭Jason Todd

Anyone have a link to the Toblerone Mousse or Toblerone Cookies please? They sound delish! :)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Jason Todd wrote: »
    Anyone have a link to the Toblerone Mousse or Toblerone Cookies please? They sound delish! :)

Here is the toblerone & coffee mousse I made, nicest mousse I ever had by a mile.

Ingredients: Toblerone, espresso coffee, butter, cream, eggs, sugar, strawberries, icing sugar.

So I just followed a generic mousse making recipe, made up some espresso and added it in.
    Dunno what one exactly so here is a random one http://www.bestrecipes.com.au/recipe/toblerone-mousse-L1929.html

When I made it:

92vD1.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭TeletextPear

Forgot to say, you could also get an Almondy Toblerone Tart, they sell them in Dunnes and Tesco as far as I know...

Almondy-Toblerone-Cake.jpeg

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Forgot to say, you could also get an Almondy Toblerone Tart, they sell them in Dunnes and Tesco as far as I know...

Almondy-Toblerone-Cake.jpeg

:eek:

I want.

I was like that but when i tried it it was pretty crap. :-(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭Jason Todd

Thanks for the recipes! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,630 ✭✭✭The Recliner

I was like that but when i tried it it was pretty crap. :-(

Would have to agree with that, wasn't impressed

I have made the Nigella cheescake suggested above and it was lovely and probably tasted better a couple of days after it was made

My uncle got one of those last week. He thought it tasted too "artificial". :/

Advertisement