Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Halo 4 Grand Tournament

Options
  • 21-11-2012 9:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭

Halo 4 Grand Tournament
    19th and 20th January

Glenroyal Hotel, Maynooth, Co. Kildare

4 V 4 + Free For All

Halo Ireland are proud to present Ireland's first Halo 4 v 4 event.
    • Limited to 16 teams
    • Cash Prizes for Winners and runner up prizes.
    • 4 v 4 groups with double Elimination
    • FFA and maybe 1 V 1 Tournament
    • Entry Fee: Pre register €15 - On the day €20 - Teams of 4 €60
    • Bring your own console, game, monitor, controller, headphones and ethernet cables. Sound from TV's not permitted.
    • If you want to come but don't have a team, just leave a reply here or message 'Halo Ireland' on Xbox Live and we can help you form a team.
    • Add Halo Ireland on Facebook for regular updates.
    • Can stay overnight in hotel bring sleeping bag.

Confirmed Teams

VivGrise + I Grisey I + zDeany + Obelsk -
    Tighearnan + 3 -
    III Clutchin + zWardy + Majestic + Jayo- Gaspari Nutrition
    II 1R1SHC3LT II + EW Snip3clown + Kevdot mdot + Vocal chord - The Handsomes
    Dale Samshots Dedball Devine -
    Dafault + Havok (Need 2)
    Zerpee + ANOTHER (Need 2)
    UrbanLedge + 3 -
    iHade + TBA + TBA + TBA - Team Six Two
    T1tus Pullo + Luc1us Vorenus + II Pand3mic II + Hurricane333
    Zerrpee + ANOTHER (NEED 2)
    Korvanica + MiniMidgetNinja + Steoo + (NEED 1)
    zSmokey + Narain Karthikeyan - Narain Karthikevan Appreciation Society

Free Agents

Lultam
    Ardiko
    I Nialler I
    Tommy Wog
    Vital G1
    McGoook
    Epiii
    Lunars Shadow

Any questions, feel free to ask.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭Slugs

Why -Epic sadface- Leaving for co-op in December... I want to do this so badly... =/ Hope it goes well for ye lads!

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Lultam

Very psyched. Now to get a team...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,866 ✭✭✭Adam

Interesting........but what numbers are actually expected?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

Hmm, sounds cool. might try muster up a team.

Huge session on the night of the 19th yea ?

• Registered Users Posts: 42 Strawberry Oreo

I'm definitely going - Ardiko

Also, are these teams seeded (picked on the day teams) or premade 4v4 before the tournie?
    I also suggest a 1v1 tournie to run parallel to the 4v4 comp/ffa

• Advertisement

Tower of Power Tournament :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭VivGrise

Korvanica wrote: »
    Hmm, sounds cool. might try muster up a team.

Huge session on the night of the 19th yea ?

Oh definitely! :)

@Ardiko

Haven't decided on the teams yet, will probably have to have a mix of teams that people want to play on, and then teams made up of the rest.

Premade teams are welcome as it takes the hassle out of our job but I'll talk to you later on XBL anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 42 Strawberry Oreo

Cheers! I won't be on Halo till next week but talk to you then. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭Momento Mori

Interesting... Would totally go if it was Halo 2/3 ;P

I'll see what I can do guys. Either way, great to see the Halo tournaments happening again! I'll spread the word.

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭Smartly Dressed

I'd be interested in this but I really don't know if I'd be available because of co-op. I'll keep it mind.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,866 ✭✭✭Adam

What is this co-op people speak of?

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭Smartly Dressed

Adam wrote: »
    What is this co-op people speak of?

Work experience as part of the college course.

this looks like good craic!
    I might have a team!

Just to keep you updated,

The hotel has agreed to allow us to stay in the room overnight, so bring sleeping bags and there won't be any extra cost renting a hotel room there.

Unfortunately there will be an extra cost for renting the room, so the cost is €20 per person for the weekends gaming.

I'll be sending on the updated list of teams to Mickeroo today so you can see how many teams have signed up!

VivGrise wrote: »
    Just to keep you updated,

The hotel has agreed to allow us to stay in the room overnight, so bring sleeping bags and there won't be any extra cost renting a hotel room there.

Unfortunately there will be an extra cost for renting the room, so the cost is €20 per person for the weekends gaming.

I'll be sending on the updated list of teams to Mickeroo today so you can see how many teams have signed up!

Lol... There won't be much sleeping happening.

Is it cool to come even I am not on a team ?

Can we bring our own booze ?

Yeah and is it lan only or will there be a bit of live?
    whats the deal with routers/cables/wifi ?

+1 on the byob!

Ya feel free to bring your own beer. I don't think there will be any live, the internet isn't up to scratch from the last time we were there. We will bring all the necessary hubs, just being an Ethernet cable. We will have the room set up and ready to go for you when you arrive, just set you your xbox and away you go.

@ Korvanica, We have a good few people not on teams and we'll try and form them up before the event.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,196 ✭✭✭maximoose

Interesting... when you say 19th and 20th, what exactly is the schedule? Wouldn't be able to make the Thursday but could be tempted to the Friday!

EDIT: never mind me, just realised I was looking at Jan 2012 calendar :o

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,148 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Teams & Players list updated there.

Right,
    Just heard back from the last of the lads,
    Were in!
    full team
    Really looking forward to it now!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8 iHade

Team SixTwo Hade-TBA-TBA-TBA

Up to around 9 teams with those coming from the north still to be added and the few free agents to form teams, shaping up to reach 12 teams I reckon. Should have good prize money aswell.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Bellerophon 13

I have to say it is fantastic that an event like this is being organised on our shores and hopefully it will be the 1st of many events like this. I do have a couple of questions that I was hoping could be answered.

1)Are you allowed to use custom controllers, i.e. Scuf, Razer Onza, Homemade (pretty much identical to a scuf).

2)What settings will be used? AGL are using v5 settings (by diesel) for their event at the end of January.

3)Will there be a vote to determine gametypes and maps? There is just a ridiculous amount of gametypes and maps floating around at the moment.

4)What is the schedule for the 2 days?

5)Will it be best of 3 or best of 5 matches?

I do understand that some information will not be available right away but any information would be greatly appreciated.

1) Any controller MLG approved will be alowed, onza Scuf etc. Depends on the custom controller. Can't see any problems with controllers tbh

2) Settings will be determined the first week in Jan, testing a lot of settings at the minute including the AGL settings, but still looking at the minute.

3) There will be 4 groups, with each team playing everyone in their group. Best of 3. Then there will be a double elimination tournament, best of 9.

Maps will be predetermined for the group stages, and then you play all of the maps if needed in the double elimination. With each team deciding in what order the maps are played when itis their turn.

4) Schedule will be announced in Jan, but I would imagine arrive at 10. Set up and register by 11, practice games until 12 then group stages. Break for food by 5/6 then start the double elimination. Play a round of double elimin, and then FFA.

Finish the tournament then on Sun.

5) Best of 3 for the group stages

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Pullo

Our Team:

T1tus Pullo + Luc1us Vorenus + II Pand3mic II + HURRICANE333

Yo Viv is this limited to only the teams taking place / Or can more come for a LAN / session ?

Team:

1. Korvanica
    2. MiniMidgetNinja
    3. Steoo (Probably)
    4. (Open Slot)

Korvanica wrote: »
    Yo Viv is this limited to only the teams taking place / Or can more come for a LAN / session ?

Hey, ya to be honest space will be at a premium and we'll need teams only, try and get as many teams to the event as possible.

We will have a bit of time for social games and other games other than Halo when the tournament is over.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,148 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Teams/Free Agents list updated.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10 John_McClane

Has any decision been made about map variants/game settings yet? Getting short on time now, would be handy to be able to practise with the right settings.

Advertisement