Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Windows 8 Upgrade Assistant will not download W8

Options
  • 21-11-2012 9:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭

Guys, I'm about to hop off my Dad's laptop at this stage, and I can't afford to buy him another if I do!

The Upgrade Assistant will not download W8, it says 'The download task did not complete. The service cannot be started, either because it is disabled or because it has no enabled devices associated with it."

I've been at it with awhile today, and any other problems I've seen online spring up after the assistant begins to download, but mine isn't even starting.

I'm watching the soccer now, but if anyone has any ideas, it'd be much appreciated. The laptop's a Fujitsu Siemens Esprimo running W7 Ultimate.

**Edit: I went into services and turned to automatic a few windows update services that were disabled and its begun downloading now.

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,855 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

probably not the problem but
    best to do updates and upgrades using a network cable rather than wifi

Advertisement