Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

First day use issue

Options
  • 21-11-2012 8:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,255 ✭✭✭

So today was my first full day using my Kanger T2 with a 20mg juice, would have had no issue consuming 20 B&H normally although the last while been using a mix of microtabs / cigs in an attempt to cut down

Didn't use it a lot to be honest as didn't feel I needed to, maybe six times between 6.45 and 16.00 which comprised of 2 / 3 drags, no more

Had a tingling in my fingers of left hand and ache (not a pain) in my chest, never had this before ever

To much nicotine? do I need to drop down to 12mg? Anyone else have this before?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,674 ✭✭✭DirtyBollox

So today was my first full day using my Kanger T2 with a 20mg juice, would have had no issue consuming 20 B&H normally although the last while been using a mix of microtabs / cigs in an attempt to cut down

Didn't use it a lot to be honest as didn't feel I needed to, maybe six times between 6.45 and 16.00 which comprised of 2 / 3 drags, no more

Had a tingling in my fingers of left hand and ache (not a pain) in my chest, never had this before ever

To much nicotine? do I need to drop down to 12mg? Anyone else have this before?

Previous to this were you vaping and smoking? Its entirely possible that this is your bodies reaction to getting nicotine but none of the other chemicals from a cigarette.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,640 ✭✭✭Pushtrak

Previous to this were you vaping and smoking? Its entirely possible that this is your bodies reaction to getting nicotine but none of the other chemicals from a cigarette.
    I keep seeing this line posted here. I don't think it is accurate. I think the body does require a bit of time to acclimate to vaping, yes, but I don't think your explanation cuts it. I've done cold turkey many times, and never encountered anything. When I went to vaping, for the first while, I was getting very bad headaches off a juice. So I went on to another one. I didn't get headaches off the replacement. When that ran out, while waiting for supplies, I tried out the first one again, and didn't have any negative reaction.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,674 ✭✭✭DirtyBollox

its all down to the person though. i didnt experience any of the above and i was using both for a good few days. i also didnt experience any hacking up of crap from my lungs that others have experienced. i just said it was possible.

Another possibility could be an allergy to PG or VG

• Registered Users Posts: 3,255 ✭✭✭naughtysmurf

Nope, never vaped before

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭Green Hornet

I never got the lung clearance stuff but I was not a heavy smoker in the first place.

I did get the tingling though. I got it mostly in my finger tips on one hand and at the time I didn't think it was from quitting smoking but maybe it was. It lasted a couple of weeks and haven't had it since. That was a year ago. I didn't get the chest pains though.

• Advertisement

its all down to the person though. i didnt experience any of the above and i was using both for a good few days. i also didnt experience any hacking up of crap from my lungs that others have experienced. i just said it was possible.

Another possibility could be an allergy to PG or VG
    Oh, I sympathize. I get it. You see an explanation that is highly plausible and you think, "That makes sense." I get it, and I'd be one of the people going to this very type of reasoning were it not for my own experience of the stuff. I post this when I see it for two reasons, so people can hear a different take on it firstly. But also, so if someone can post back with something in the way of evidence to the contrary. I may very well be wrong in some cases, and welcome hearing some counter to my perspective.

Anyway, to the OP, perhaps like I posted, it might be good to try some other e-liquids for the moment. I've been using 18 mg just about always, except for one that is a 22 mg because I wanted to try out the flavour and it wasn't available in lower. Haven't really had anything negative from any of the flavours other than the obvious "I don't like this one as much as the others" type thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭achieve

I used to get that tingly thing and light headedness when I used to try quitting cold turkey. Was awful. When I moved to vaping I stated on quite a high nicotine level straight off 36mg. Didn't experience ANY bad reactions what so ever. FYI, I was a 15-20 rollie smoker a day. Different strokes I suppose, but if I a newbie asks me about nic level starting out, I generally recommend high. My thinking being that at least the person can say to themselves that they are getting the nicotine fix at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

Personally I do think it has a lot to do with reducing your intake from thousands of chemicals which include depressants and anti-depressants to one single pure stimulant.
    Within the first week I started having clammy palms and palpitations when I usually wouldn't, by the end of the second or third week it stopped happening. I was using the one juice fairly constantly, so it wasn't that.

Reducing intake definitely lessened it for me, but once my body acclimatised, I've happily ramped up my nicotine to pretty high levels and had no bad effects since, although I can tell when the jitters might happen a mile away.

The studies for this kind of thing'll come in time, but will naturally be much less definite and more open to debate than the studies showing success rates or measuring micrograms of toxins in the air, because everybody's experience is subjective.
    Especially when certain people might be predisposed to anxiety or sensitive to nicotine but haven't noticed until now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭Lucutus

I started on a 12mg juice and noticed the same types of symptoms in the first few days.

I put it down to acclimatising and never gave it much thought after it stopped.

I doubt it's the amount nic content of the juice that's to blame.

achieve wrote: »
    I used to get that tingly thing and light headedness when I used to try quitting cold turkey. Was awful. When I moved to vaping I stated on quite a high nicotine level straight off 36mg. Didn't experience ANY bad reactions what so ever. FYI, I was a 15-20 rollie smoker a day. Different strokes I suppose, but if I a newbie asks me about nic level starting out, I generally recommend high. My thinking being that at least the person can say to themselves that they are getting the nicotine fix at least.
    Interesting post in two aspects, the cold turkey in and of itself causing headaches, and not getting adverse effects from something as strong as 36 mg.
    Lucutus wrote: »
    I doubt it's the amount nic content of the juice that's to blame.
    With what achieve has posted, there may very well be merit to this point. Honestly, we don't really know exactly the story. I mean, we are all on such different things in terms of the e-cig kits we are using, and also exactly how our habits were in terms of regular cigs. Too many variables to really try to pin anything down.

• Advertisement
Advertisement