Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I can't stop thinking

Options
  • 21-11-2012 6:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,882 ✭✭✭

I'm always thinking about something, and when I'm supposed to be doing something, I'll start thinking about something else.
    Does this happen to everyone? I actually can't concentrate on any one thing unless it's completely immersive where I have no choice other than to concentrate on it.

Does this happen to everyone else? I tried to explain it to my parents and a few teachers before and they had no idea what I was talking about..
    I googled this, surprisingly it didn't tell me I had cancer, so it's not cancer.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,331 ✭✭✭Guill

Attention span of a peanut.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 735 ✭✭✭joydivision

I'm always thinking about something, and when I'm supposed to be doing something, I'll start thinking about something else.
    Does this happen to everyone? I actually can't concentrate on any one thing unless it's completely immersive where I have no choice other than to concentrate on it.

Does this happen to everyone else? I tried to explain it to my parents and a few teachers before and they had no idea what I was talking about..
    I googled this, surprisingly it didn't tell me I had cancer, so it's not cancer.
    Ye should get into heroin man . Just makes you think about heroin.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,136 ✭✭✭del88

Look up AADHD....Oh look a bird

• Registered Users Posts: 9,798 ✭✭✭Mr. Incognito

I'm like that with boobies.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,754 ✭✭✭Odysseus

Yep, we see this in most mental health clinics all the time. Sorry mate but you are fcuked, barking, off your cake, a loon, the clinical terms just go on. Basically though you have no hope.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,869 ✭✭✭asherbassad

I guess you've got a choice.....think, or thwim!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,464 ✭✭✭Celly Smunt

STOP THINKING!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,199 ✭✭✭Shryke

Is that how you managed to name yourself twice?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,073 ✭✭✭Pottler

Cold turkeys your only man, just eliminate "somthing" from your life and you will then be mentally free to think about what the rest of us think about - nothing..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭9959

Pottler wrote: »
    Cold turkeys your only man, just eliminate "somthing" from your life and you will then be mentally free to think about what the rest of us think about - nothing..

Something's better than nothing!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭Arpa

Good God...is this really something you thought necessary to post on Boards? You're human. You think about crap all the time. It's called having a brain. Maybe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

Have you considered a lobotomy?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,409 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

I'm like that with boobies.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,185 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

Join the USA's republican party. They take care of the thinking for you!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,882 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

Arpa wrote: »
    Good God...is this really something you thought necessary to post on Boards? You're human. You think about crap all the time. It's called having a brain. Maybe.
    Bar girl is smoking. Anyone know her? I have been in there a few times over the past year and seen this girl but have been too drunk to try chat her up. Also it's kinda tricky to chat up a barmaid. But this girl is ridiculously hot.

Anybody else seen her? Know her name? Any tips on how to chat her up?
    Pot kettle.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 497 ✭✭akura

What were you thinking about when making this thread?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,047 ✭✭✭demakinz

Thinking wont get you anywhere.

akura wrote: »
    What were you thinking about when making this thread?

I was thinking about the things that I should be doing instead of making this thread, and right now as I'm typing this I'm having a conversation with myself about how I would explain what I'm thinking to someone, but it's me, and I was being a prick and told myself that I wasn't explaining it clearly enough for me to understand, but I posed it anyway because I don't care about what me thinks because me is only trying to stop me

• Registered Users Posts: 2,708 ✭✭✭Curly Judge

I was thinking about the things that I should be doing instead of making this thread, and right now as I'm typing this I'm having a conversation with myself about how I would explain what I'm thinking to someone, but it's me, and I was being a prick and told myself that I wasn't explaining it clearly enough for me to understand, but I posed it anyway because I don't care about what me thinks because me is only trying to stop me

Soon after I have one chinese meal, I start thinking about another.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,555 ✭✭✭DublinWriter

Odysseus wrote: »
    Yep, we see this in most mental health clinics all the time. Sorry mate but you are fcuked, barking, off your cake, a loon, the clinical terms just go on. Basically though you have no hope.
    Wow! Interesting to see that Boards.ie have relaxed their once-stringent policy on people offering medical advice....oh wait, this is After Hours...sorry, thought I was in P.I. there for a minute.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭Arpa

Pot kettle.

Failed attempt.

I post about a hot girl...YOU post about synapses firing. There is a bar.

Failed attempt.

I post about a hot girl...YOU post about synapses firing. There is a bar.

trollie troll troll u mad doE

• Registered Users Posts: 3,538 ✭✭✭flutterflye

I've heard of this before.
    I'm sorry to tell you op - you have cancer :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,538 ✭✭✭flutterflye

I have add, so in answer to your question - not oh look a squirrel - just a simple yes - not a funny answer, but neither is the alternative.

Advertisement