Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for a good camera Canon EOS1100D?

Options
  • 21-11-2012 4:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Hi all
    I am looking for a good camera foe Christmas not too technical around the 400 euro mark. I saw a Canon EOS 1100D bundle for sale in Argos does anyone know if this is a good deal. I need to be able to photograph wildlife close ups etc.
    Would really love some help
    Ta in advance
    :)
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭brokenarms

Hi all
    I am looking for a good camera foe Christmas not too technical around the 400 euro mark. I saw a Canon EOS 1100D bundle for sale in Argos does anyone know if this is a good deal. I need to be able to photograph wildlife close ups etc.
    Would really love some help
    Ta in advance
    :)

Its a fantastic camera . But unless you can get up close with the camera then the 18-55 kit lens will come up short.
    Its all about what lens you attach to the front. I had some good results with a 70-200mm f2.4 sigma lens. But the glass along was over 600.

For the money you are talking you might consider going for a 2nd hand cam with a couple of spare lens. like this for example .
    http://www.adverts.ie/digital-cameras/canon-1000d-eos-lenses-filters/1878414
    You will have a 1.6 crop sensor on the cameras in your range so the 300mm lens this guy has on sale will be more like 480mm on the canon 1000d. Which is massive. You also need to learn how to use them to get the best result.
    Hope this gets you on the right track.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 golden brown

Would you be able to recommend one that would be suitable for ordinary photography and close ups without getting too technical then? the budget is 400 ish
    Thanks for replying

A super zoom bridge cam maybe what you want

Have a read here

http://www.techradar.com/news/photography-video-capture/cameras/best-compact-camera-2012-33-reviewed-963985?artc_pg=2

These cameras are great for learning about photography but have their limits when it come to picture quality . You simply wont get as good of a picture as a DSLR. Mainly due to sensor size.

Consider them a steppingstone . They have auto and manual settings and serious zooming range also macro modes can also be impressive. Amazon, ebay and argos have always great deals on them.

If you want to expand your talents you may well have to get into dslr at some stage though. But its very expensive.

Thanks for that. I have narrowed it to either Sony HX200V or the Fuji X-Si I just like to photograph wildlife flowers panaramics etc Which of these would you recommend?

Thanks for that. I have narrowed it to either Sony HX200V or the Fuji X-Si I just like to photograph wildlife flowers panaramics etc Which of these would you recommend?

You will have to decide this your self. A few hours reading should help. The best part of buying i find.

There are plenty of reviews on both. The sony is smaller and at first glance but the x-si has a bigger sensor . But heavy and does not reach as far.

As far as I remember the new fugi maybe out of your budget.

• Advertisement

Thank for your advice anyway. My husband wants the Canon Sure shot but I cant find a review of a Sure shot?

• Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Thank for your advice anyway. My husband wants the Canon Sure shot but I cant find a review of a Sure shot?
    Link to the "Sure Shot"? Does he mean "PowerShot" instead?

Advertisement