Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Consultant Appointment

Options
  • 21-11-2012 4:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭

Hope this is in the right forum.

Was at my GP last week and got a referral and the contact details of a consultant basically since I've heard two different opinions on what to do next is it my responsibility to call the consultant and make said appointment or am I contacted by the consultant about the appointment.

I'm going private if that makes a difference, I've never need anything major in medical terms hence my confusion :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭neemish

Why not ring your GP's receptionist and ask what the procedure is? Your GP will have written a referral letter, and the receptionist will have either just sent that letter on or sent the letter with a request for a consult.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,896 ✭✭✭✭Spook_ie

You could start by ringing the secretary of the consultant that the GP has given you the contact details for and ask her what the procedure is, she may say for you to post the letter in and she will give you an appointment after she has received the letter, or she may give you an appointment there and then and tell you to bring the referral letter in with you on the day of the consultation.

Advertisement