Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kildare Train Station

Options
  • 21-11-2012 1:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

I have to wait for a connecting Train in Kildare Train Station & have an hour to put in, it will be in the evening time after 6pm.

Is there some where I can go to get something to eat nearby? And are there storage lockers?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

Thread moved from Travel to Kildare where it would be better suited..

Thanks,
    kerry4sam

• Registered Users Posts: 30 gateshead

The nicest in town is the Silken Thomas in the square in the centre of town.They are 3 pubs in 1 with a restaurant attached(chapter 16). They serve food till about 10 i think.Mostly traditional Irish food with a few other bits.
    I would recommend the bar food,wraps etc are nice.

From the station just walk straight toward town and turn left at the square/small town hall, silken is on your left.5 mins walk.

Other than that theres a chinese and an Italian just before the square on station road.Also any amount of fast food and pizza inc apache.

If its thurs or fri then kildare village will be open where theres coffee shops and dearer restaurants,bus from staton every 20 mins i think.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 ailis100

Thanks Gateshead!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭porsche boy

Oh Gatehead your wrohe nicest food in the town is in Harte's.

• Registered Users Posts: 495 ✭✭bleary

I dont think an hour is long enough to eat, the walk is more like 15 mins . Closest restaurant would be annamars on the way up to town but you wouldnt be in and out in that time.

• Advertisement
Advertisement