Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Decent FM Transmitter

Options
  • 21-11-2012 10:20am
    Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭

Can anyone recommend a decent FM transmitter (for Galaxy S3 phone) for playing music in the car? ie. something that plugs into the cigarette lighter (not battery).

I got one a while back but the signal is brutal, - so that's the primary concern, - looking for something that will play crisp, clear music.

Or, - is there something I'm likely to be doing wrong with my current transmitter? - phone outputs to it via a headphone cable. It also has a USB socket which I don't use. I can't believe its quite as bad as it is.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 759 ✭✭✭testarossa40

You haven't given us any information about either your current FM transmitter or your car, however, be aware that regulatory requirements prevent FM transmitters having a transmission range of any more that 2 meters to prevent interference with other cars' radios nearby. This is not a whole lot - the distance between the furthest points inside your car's cabin is likely more than 2 meters, so, see first if positioning your current transmitter closer to where your car's radio antenna's located (on some cars this is actually the rear window heating elements) improves reception. You should to test different locations in your car subject of course to power cable length - let us know how you get on?

I can't recommend a brand - I only use my Nokia N8's inbuilt FM transmitter :cool: My car's radio antenna happens to be the heated rear screen which is impractical, yet I've found so long as my phone/transmitter sits in the ashtray directly under the radio head unit the reception's fine - presumably because there's antenna cabling routing nearby that fortunately is not too shielded. But if I pick it up and bring it closer to my face while driving (naughty, I know) it immediately deteriorates significantly. This is the effect of the limited range.

Advertisement