Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Comic Storage

Options
  • 21-11-2012 1:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,054 ✭✭✭

i was just wondering whats the best way of covering or protecting comics. i dont really know much on the subject. i always got amazing spiderman comics from years ago from forbidden planet and still do and have loads building up. just pick them up and read them. just interested in the character and no other comic really so dont browse the shop much or anything or look up comic collecting as an interest, so im pretty clueless on the subject. someone was saying something about polyethylene comic bags. are they any use? then whats mylar sleeves? are they a different name for the same thing? then is there different mm thickness of sleeves? if u had an old valuable comic what would be the best way to protect it from further deterioration. as i said im clueless on the subject. maybe the best thing would be if someone could post a link to the best possible comic sleeve for protection. i dunno really. thanks in advance for any helpful responces

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15 idwfan

i was just wondering whats the best way of covering or protecting comics. i dont really know much on the subject. i always got amazing spiderman comics from years ago from forbidden planet and still do and have loads building up. just pick them up and read them. just interested in the character and no other comic really so dont browse the shop much or anything or look up comic collecting as an interest, so im pretty clueless on the subject. someone was saying something about polyethylene comic bags. are they any use? then whats mylar sleeves? are they a different name for the same thing? then is there different mm thickness of sleeves? if u had an old valuable comic what would be the best way to protect it from further deterioration. as i said im clueless on the subject. maybe the best thing would be if someone could post a link to the best possible comic sleeve for protection. i dunno really. thanks in advance for any helpful responces

Comic protection bags and backing boards are available from most comic shops if not all. They are generally 100 bags in a pack and boards are 50 or a hundred to a pack. They are cheap enough and should do the job. These packs are for modern comics, you mentioned older comics above, the size of a comic changed to the modern size in the seventies roughly, so they won't fit in the protective bag and board that modern comics would.

To protect a valueable comic, store it in a light free environment if you can and away from direct sunlight so the colours don't fade and keep the book from bending if possible.

Advertisement