Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Attach NAS/USB device to triax TSC114

Options
  • 20-11-2012 9:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭

Hi, I have recently purchased a triax TSC114 and I am looking to purchase an external HDD to attach to the box.

I would like to have the external HDD to act as a NAS device also so that it could be possible to share or stream recorded data to other devices around the house. In particular I have WD Media Center that I would like to stream to.

Does anyone know if there is such a device suitable for this operation?

Also what format does the Triax114 record TV shows in and is it restricted somehow to only be played back on the triax box itself??

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭top_dog

I was thinking of purchasing something similar to the Synology DiskStation DS212j 2-Bay NAS Server. It has 2 high speed USB ports so I'd imagine that it would be possible to hook up to Triax box and record from the Triax box onto the NAS server. Would I need a special type of USB to USB cable though?

http://www.dabs.ie/products/synology-diskstation-ds212j-2-bay-nas-server-7QML.html?fb=498&src=3

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 JonnieC

top_dog wrote: »
    I was thinking of purchasing something similar to the Synology DiskStation DS212j 2-Bay NAS Server. It has 2 high speed USB ports so I'd imagine that it would be possible to hook up to Triax box and record from the Triax box onto the NAS server. Would I need a special type of USB to USB cable though?

Hiya, I was wondering the same....Is it possible?

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭top_dog

No the NAS is over the network and so cannot he used to record tv from the triax box. You will need a DAS which is direct attached storage such as a desktop external USB harddrive.

Advertisement