Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UK Paramedic Courses?

Options
  • 20-11-2012 8:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 24

Hey folks,

I am currently studying to be an EMT in Ireland, but want to become a paramedic as soon as possible.

I don't know how long it will take the HSE to recruit student paramedics again, but I don't want to wait around for too long! So I am thinking of going to the UK to study a paramedic course. It would be great if they are NHS funded also.

I am just wondering if there is any of you did any of these courses in the UK, which ones are good, were they NHS funded, was the training good, and are you eligible for work in Ireland once you are done?
    Also, does anybody know if the London Ambulance Service recruits student paramedics regularly? And is it true that they pay for your training?

Any help would be great, just to steer me in the right direction, want the job badly and would like to know the best way to go about it!

Thanks,
    Shane

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭Bang Bang

There's plenty of information on UK course's and UK recruitment in the 'Recruitment' forum at the top of the page.

Advertisement