Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aug Dmr build

Options
  • 20-11-2012 6:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

I'm looking to turn an Aug into a Dmr. I have 500 bucks, but I would prefer not to use it all! I want it to shoot 500+ fps. I'm planning on getting a reinforced v3 gearbox. I've heard there is a difference between 7mm, 8mm, 9mm but I would appreciate it if someone could help explain which one would be best for my build. Also I'm really not sure If there is stuff I need to replace to keep my gun from breaking. I know i'm gunna need a new motor spring all that stuff, but i'm not too sure about the piston head or the hop up. I'm a nube! So any info will be very much appreciated! I would like my gun to be able to last and be very durable, but still get 500fps. Anybody with info about the Aug please help! Also, is it possible to relocate the battery and make a compartment on the barrel of the gun for it? I've heard people say the Aug doesn't have enough room for a good battery. Oh and one last thing. What would be the best Aug to start with, considering i'm planning on replacing most of the parts? Like I said i'm a nube! I would really like to get into airsoft, and learn how to build my own gun, I just don't want to waste a ton of money on a gun. The reason I picked the Aug is because it is a bullpup. If anybody knows of a better gun to mod that is a bullpup i'm all ears!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,509 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

Legal limit here is 328fps with a .2g bb so if you're in Ireland change your plans for a 500 fps gun.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 AirSftNewbie

Thanx Blay! I'm in America... I own a 500+ fps sniper rifle, but it isn't working properly. :( I usually don't go to airsoft fields. My friend has a large backyard and we have battles there.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭T4RGET

I'm looking to turn an Aug into a Dmr. I have 500 bucks, but I would prefer not to use it all! I want it to shoot 500+ fps. I'm planning on getting a reinforced v3 gearbox. I've heard there is a difference between 7mm, 8mm, 9mm but I would appreciate it if someone could help explain which one would be best for my build. Also I'm really not sure If there is stuff I need to replace to keep my gun from breaking. I know i'm gunna need a new motor spring all that stuff, but i'm not too sure about the piston head or the hop up. I'm a nube! So any info will be very much appreciated! I would like my gun to be able to last and be very durable, but still get 500fps. Anybody with info about the Aug please help! Also, is it possible to relocate the battery and make a compartment on the barrel of the gun for it? I've heard people say the Aug doesn't have enough room for a good battery. Oh and one last thing. What would be the best Aug to start with, considering i'm planning on replacing most of the parts? Like I said i'm a nube! I would really like to get into airsoft, and learn how to build my own gun, I just don't want to waste a ton of money on a gun. The reason I picked the Aug is because it is a bullpup. If anybody knows of a better gun to mod that is a bullpup i'm all ears!

first off, if you're only starting I'd highly advise you get a proper gun (one capable of full auto). if you're serious about this then:
    You can either get a Classic army or Jing Gong AUG.
    best bet is to go for the A2 as it will have room for a sniper scope, or if you can an A3 as you can get a bi pod onto that sucker.
    the CA is more realistic and better out of the box, but if you're going to be tearing the insides out of it, the JG should do you.
    another thing is you'll need to block the full auto feature and a hi torque motor will probably suit your need better, as for the actual inside, I usually work with Version 2 gearboxes (those found in M4's) so you'll need to ask a retailer or better yet experiment with different parts.
    I'd highly re-consider the 500 fps if I where you, I realise you're new (and this is not a criticism) but a lot of new people, want FPS FPS and FPS without really looking into hop up and barrrel set ups, my advice drop it and get a decent barrel and hop up for the AUG, you'll get longer out of the AUG that way. best is to get a Mosfet, not sure if there is one for the AUG but you may want to look into it as it will give you crazy trigger response and longer gearbox life :)

Hope that answer at least some of your questions

Thanx T4rget! That was helpfull. The reason i'm going for the high fps is because I want a good base to build on. When I get more money I plan to get better hop up and barrel set ups. I don't want to always be replacing my parts with better ones and wasting a bunch of money, So right now I'm targeting high fps. If I don't block the full auto will the gun tear itself apart, or will it just be too dangerous on the field? I plan to engage my targets from a distance. Who makes the best high torque motors? If I was going for 500ish fps what type of spring and gears should I look into?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭T4RGET

Thanx T4rget! That was helpfull. The reason i'm going for the high fps is because I want a good base to build on. When I get more money I plan to get better hop up and barrel set ups. I don't want to always be replacing my parts with better ones and wasting a bunch of money, So right now I'm targeting high fps. If I don't block the full auto will the gun tear itself apart, or will it just be too dangerous on the field? I plan to engage my targets from a distance. Who makes the best high torque motors? If I was going for 500ish fps what type of spring and gears should I look into?

yes 500 will wear parts down much faster, as for the parts you need, I honestly wouldn't know. even with poor air seal you're looking at a max spring of 140 metres per second, so 500 is a bit out of the way what we usually deal with.
    Well you'll have to look into the laws about having a rifle that high, i know in UK it has to be a blot action, even semi AEG's are like 350 if i remember correctly, so I'd first check to see if 500 is even legal in US, then after that the reason i say block the auto is because you're going for a DMR build, otherwise all you have is a hard hitting gun with a massive scope, useless. my advice is check the laws regarding the limit in America ( you should be able to find them on any retailer's website). you mentioned that you want to get decent parts now and not keep spending money, if you drop the fps to say 400-ish then get a good barrel and hop up, then you'll save money in parts fort he gearbox in the long term, trust me. Also it helps with accuracy and range :). FPS does not affect range all that much, keep that in mind.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,984 ✭✭✭NakedDex

For the record, site rules are that we don't talk about upgrades beyond 1J/328 here, regardless of where you're from.

Sorry i'm a nube! What do you mean by 1J/328 ?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,746 ✭✭✭DeBurca

Taken from the Rules of Airsoft

*There will be no discussion of airsoft greater then 1 Joule

Thread closed

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement