Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

365online - 6 digit PIN Entry virus?

Options
  • 20-11-2012 4:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Has anyone had the experience when you log on to 365online, you enter your:
    - User ID number..
    - Answer your random security question
    - next screen request 3 random masked digits of you 6 digit PIN
    - Press continue.....
    BUT
    It consistently will then state that the digits were incorrect and RE-request entry of the 3 random digits ... with the dodgy detail being that it requests the remaining OTHER 3 digits of your 6 digit PIN.. which indicates that if someone is phishing, they would have collected your complete 6 digits?

I have not completed the log in on my laptop, I did it from another PC and logged in fine.
    I have scanned my PC with anti-virus and cannot seem to get rid of this strange behaviour.
    Anyone else seeing this too?

Additionally - I observed that the www address is definitely in https mode - the key there being the "s" in http"s" for secure connection (SSL) and none of the hyperlinks look wrong - so I am a bit confused cause it has not been reported anywhere it seems.
    Until I get rid of the problem of course I will not be accessing my account online on the laptop.
    Thanks for any info.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 354 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Pat

Hi DelSur,

Thanks for your post. We would like to look into this further for you. Could you please PM us with your name, contact phone number and the name of your branch and I'll arrange for a member of our 365Online Support team to give you a call.

Thanks
    Pat

Advertisement