Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Train to Sligo €1.50 each way on Saturday 1st December.

Options
  • 20-11-2012 1:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭

"The Railway to Sligo will be 150 years old this December. To celebrate Iarnród Eireann is offering a special celebratory fare of €1.50 each way on selected services on Saturday 1st December. This offer is only available when booked on www.irishrail.ie So why not make the most of this amazing offer to get some Christmas shopping done or bring the kids on a day out".

http://www.facebook.com/iarnrodeireann

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 586 ✭✭✭lowelife

Never ever used the train service in this country, but this could be good for doing a little Christmas shopping (ok I will still want to kill people by the time I get back) plus will give the little one a bit of something different to do on a Saturday.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭Nabber

Thanks

But this is only worth it for people who wanna head to Dublin. I was hoping to go to Silgo for a day out. Thanks anyways.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,852 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Nabber wrote: »
    Thanks

But this is only worth it for people who wanna head to Dublin. I was hoping to go to Silgo for a day out. Thanks anyways.

From facebook
    Just rang them there about that and No, you cannot book the tickets from Sligo-Dublin and get on at Carrick!!!! Aaargh!!!

Sligo to Dublin €1.50
    7:00
    9:00
    11:00

Dublin to Sligo €1.50
    16:00
    17:05
    19:05

• Registered Users Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭jay0109

only trains now showing that fare are the 11am to Dublin and the 4pm back...so you'd only have 2 hours in the city

• Registered Users Posts: 9,723 ✭✭✭lertsnim

jay0109 wrote: »
    only trains now showing that fare are the 11am to Dublin and the 4pm back...so you'd only have 2 hours in the city

Some joke. You'd get nothing done in that time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,774 ✭✭✭Polar101

lertsnim wrote: »
    Some joke. You'd get nothing done in that time.

Should have booked earlier, I guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,189 ✭✭✭Murt10

Nabber wrote: »
    Thanks

Me too. Sligo's loss.

Would have been even better if it stopped at all the stations along the way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

Murt10 wrote: »
    Me too. Sligo's loss.

Who would want to go to Sligo. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭jay0109

Who would want to go to Sligo. :pac:

someone from mayo:D

Advertisement