Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

avg antivirus

Options
  • 19-11-2012 11:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭

Hi,
    I have avg antivirus myself 2012, but installed one for my neighbour a few months ago and I thought I went for the full free one at the time but then his trial expired and when I try to install the full free version it installs all the other elements except the antivirus bit . Have they changed their system do you have to buy it now? I've always found the avg good that's why I put it on his aswell. Any help appreciated?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,569 ✭✭✭Skill Magill

Are you sure you didn't download the 30 day free "avg internet security 2013" and not the "avg antivirus free 2013"?

http://www.avg.com/ie-en/free-antivirus-download

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭kilco

I was sure I did the full free one and not trial but tonight tried again and there was the option to pay for one and to use downgraded free version took that one and it installed ok but checked at the end and identity etc all protected except antivirus which is the most important bit for him

• Registered Users Posts: 2,569 ✭✭✭Skill Magill

Do you have to register maybe?
    I use avast free which allows for a boot time scan which is a great option.

i think I might try avast tomorrow, I was downloading the microsoft essentials aswell because I have that and avg on my computer with no probs , but that was taking ages and bb connection slow so said I'd leave it till tomorrow, sick of trying to get avg on now I had no hassle putting it on mine but thats nearly a year ago

• Registered Users Posts: 8,002 ✭✭✭Hitchens

eoing1 wrote: »
    Do you have to register maybe?
    I use avast free which allows for a boot time scan which is a great option.

I used to use avg free but had problems with it so I changed to avast free and no complaints after a few years now.

• Advertisement

thanks for the help everyone:)

Advertisement