Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Question for Mods re: Adverts.ie

• 19-11-2012 10:55pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 110 ✭✭

I have read and understand the rules about offering items for sale on this forum.

However, I wonder if this might be permitted:

"Book xx which may be of interest to fans of band yy is offered for sale on Adverts.ie (link to advert)."

Such a simple post would provide marketing of the book (or whatever) to a wider audience and transfer any messages to adverts.ie

Comments?

Comments

While I do like some of Springsteen's later stuff I just don't he ever re-captured the brilliance of his first two albums.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,453 ✭✭✭Rigsby

"Book xx which may be of interest to fans of band yy is offered for sale on Adverts.ie (link to advert)."

This in itself, looks like an advert IMO. I would not agree with it being allowed.

Even if it were to be allowed, what's to stop every Tom, Dick, and Harry posting here, saying they have items for sale on "Adverts" that might be of interest here ? The forum would become cluttered in no time.

If people want to buy anything, they know (or should do) to search on "Adverts". :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭slavetothegrind

you can, as far as i know, indicate in your signiture at the bottom of your posts that you have stuff for sale

i think this is enough, and works to a degree if you are a regular poster without causing clogging of fora.

Advertisement