Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

wood burning stove.

Options
  • 19-11-2012 7:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭

Hi all. I am thinking of getting a wood burning stove for my sitting room. Not to heat the water. Just the sitting room. I would like advice on models. There seems to be a lot of Henley models for sale in my area. Also waterford Stanley. I have been told I need a 6kw model. So again, which are the best and which should I stay away from.
    Thanks.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 407 ✭✭Noel Kinsella

Stanley are a great stove and great after sales should you need it. I had a look at lots of brands but preferred the stanley even just down to how the door closes felt right. Dont forget to factor in the price of the flue and any bends etc expect to pay Approx €100 per meter and €40 for bends a good quality fire cement is essential I used KOS as it comes in black and works well can be applied to a hot or cold pipe just encase you have a slight leak. Good luck.

Advertisement