Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Tarot

Options
  • 19-11-2012 4:16pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 208 ✭✭

Hi just wondering has anyone called these and what have they thought?? Ifound them very good, but i'm a bit sceptical about phone psychics.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭river1

Hi just wondering has anyone called these and what have they thought?? Ifound them very good, but i'm a bit sceptical about phone psychics.

They also cost a fortune ... 2.50 euro per minute

• Registered Users Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭Gumbi

You say you found them very good - I guess that depends on what you want from them. If you want an accurate "reading" of your future, you're wasting your time.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 208 ✭✭SineadMarie

Gumbi wrote: »
    You say you found them very good - I guess that depends on what you want from them. If you want an accurate "reading" of your future, you're wasting your time.

Well considering they knew things about work and my last relationship for example yes i did find them good. Have you used them??

Well considering they knew things about work and my last relationship for example yes i did find them good. Have you used them??
    Again, that depends on how you define "good". Do you believe that this person has some kind of transcendent (magical?) insight into future events? Or iscold reading, confirmation bias etc at play?

Gumbi wrote: »
    Again, that depends on how you define "good". Do you believe that this person has some kind of transcendent (magical?) insight into future events? Or iscold reading, confirmation bias etc at play?

Havent answered my question, have you used them or ever been to a psychic? No ?? Not getting into this with you you obivously are sceptical about them so good luck.

• Advertisement

Havent answered my question, have you used them or ever been to a psychic? No ?? Not getting into this with you you obivously are sceptical about them so good luck.
    Ya been to a show, been involved with this kind if stuff in the family too. Not that it matters - it's a fallacy to assume that one cannot judge something until they've tried it out.

I've spoken with Irish Tarot and seen a few psychics and mediums face to face. Some of the stuff i was told there is no way they could have known, like for one..my dad died valentines day and also my mum bday, knew everything about him. So i am a believer i do take some things they say about the future with a pinch of salt. Everyone is entitled to there own beliefs i think.

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭pulpfictionost

You should be super skeptical of all extraordinary claims.
    You should expect extraordinary evidence too.

I mean who the hell is anyone to tell me what will happen to me in the future, or to speak on behalf of a dead relative whom I may care greatly.

That is delicate delicate stuff.

You should be super skeptical of all extraordinary claims.
    You should expect extraordinary evidence too.

I mean who the hell is anyone to tell me what will happen to me in the future, or to speak on behalf of a dead relative whom I may care greatly.

That is delicate delicate stuff.

I agree but how do you explain them knowing things about my dad that i didnt even know, i told my mum about the reading and she confirmed most things that i had been told.

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭pulpfictionost

I agree but how do you explain them knowing things about my dad that i didnt even know, i told my mum about the reading and she confirmed most things that i had been told.

This is what they would call a hit, they only need to be right a few times.
    Record your next encounter with a psychic & listen back to it, notice how many times they were incorrect & poking for the wrong information.

Nobody remembers or really talks about times a psychic missed,
    because why would you expect them to be right ?

If these psychics can console you somehow I guess that is fine.
    But I do feel they exploit people's fear of death, the unknown and deceased relatives. Of course I have nothing to offer you in this area, but I'm being honest with you.

• Advertisement

This is what they would call a hit, they only need to be right a few times.
    Record your next encounter with a psychic & listen back to it, notice how many times they were incorrect & poking for the wrong information.

Nobody remembers or really talks about times a psychic missed,
    because why would you expect them to be right ?

If these psychics can console you somehow I guess that is fine.
    But I do feel they exploit people's fear of death, the unknown and deceased relatives. Of course I have nothing to offer you in this area, but I'm being honest with you.
    Precisely. Sinead, you should really look into cold reading. It's actually fascinating. Things like Barnum statements, etc. Take for example, your (as pulp called it) hit. I've heard of that before. The psychic somehow guessed the person's birthday. Naturally, I was amazed. Sure it could be a coincidence, but a damn unlikely one. Enough to warrant further investigation. It turned out the "psychic" was just throwing out dates and the other person was making the connection. The whole thing falls apart then. Really. Look into cold reading. Accept that there is likely some confirmation bias. Record the reason and have a third party listen to and comment on it.

Of course you're entitled to your beliefs, absolutely. I'm just trying to share some knowledge with you.

Thanks will look into it, like to think i'm open minded :)

Thanks will look into it, like to think i'm open minded :)

Put it this way. How can some possibly know anything bout your life? We have 3 options. Magic (is there any other word for it?, really?), coincidence, or cold reading (including but not limited to other techniques).

• Registered Users Posts: 2 hellohello2013

Hi

You were asking about Irish Tarot??? The people who poo poo this site are the ones full of s@#t. I'm sorry but the fact is that there are naturally gifted people in this world who can actually help you with their abilities. In every walk of life or industry you have scammers however there is NO way Catherine could have know anything about the subjects I wanted to know about. In fact a few years ago she was the only one right about a particular situation going on in my life. You dont have to live your life by what anyone else tells you however when the evidence is overwhelming its impossible to ignore it. I do hope this helps some people who are wondering if they should contact Irishtarot.ie . I am happy to provide a private e mail address to back up my statements.

• Registered Users Posts: 500 ✭✭✭King Mallie

Hi

You were asking about Irish Tarot??? The people who poo poo this site are the ones full of s@#t. I'm sorry but the fact is that there are naturally gifted people in this world who can actually help you with their abilities. In every walk of life or industry you have scammers however there is NO way Catherine could have know anything about the subjects I wanted to know about. In fact a few years ago she was the only one right about a particular situation going on in my life. You dont have to live your life by what anyone else tells you however when the evidence is overwhelming its impossible to ignore it. I do hope this helps some people who are wondering if they should contact Irishtarot.ie . I am happy to provide a private e mail address to back up my statements.

Your very first post to back up Irish tarot. Sound like a bit of trolling :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2 hellohello2013

Whats trolling???

Whats trolling???

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Troll_(Internet)

Google is a wonderful thing.;

• Registered Users Posts: 1 hibubbles

hi how are u i am dealing with a very hard situation in my life at the moment so i did contact catherine it was amazing at the stuff she told she said my situation i was told what i was hoping to hear but i would love to know exactly what will happen . ya set up a private email i would to hear bout your experience coz would help me have faith.

Advertisement