Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How do you become a mod?

Options
  • 19-11-2012 3:29pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,203 ✭✭✭

I think I have what it takesHow do I go about it? Must I do arts or other college course?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭Lyaiera

You have to fight the rockers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,985 ✭✭✭✭dgt

Here we go again.........

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

Compose a sonnet dedicated to Dr. Bollocko

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 573 ✭✭✭Syllabus

u have to be a certain type of person

• Registered Users Posts: 990 ✭✭✭SuperGrover

IBTVespa

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,464 ✭✭✭Celly Smunt

Tbh i don't think an arts degree would even get you the moderators job.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,070 ✭✭✭ScouseMouse

Shave your head, buy a scooter with loads of mirrors, and drive around in packs.

That should do it.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

sfwcork wrote: »
    I think I have what it takesHow do I go about it? Must I do arts or other college course?

It's a very secret ritual, a combination of the pope being elected and the head of the greek orthodox church.

The admins decide there is a need for a mod, and gather together a conference of mods.

Names are put forward, and as each one is rejected a puff of black smoke causes the hamsters to stop running and boards goes haywire for a few minutes.

Finally there is a shortlist. Seven pre-pubescent boys are then blindfolded and one is chosen to pick the winner.

At the end of the process, a puff of white smoke causes boards to run at top speed, as the celebrations at assimilating another innocent commence :)

Nothing you can do to influence it I'm afraid :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,713 ✭✭✭Balmed Out

Well one requirement would to be able to use the search function to read the list of threads with the exact same title as this rather then starting another thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,710 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

pmcmahon wrote: »
    Tbh i don't think an arts degree would even get you the moderators job.
    ......or any other job for that matter.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,689 ✭✭✭Tombi!

The mods pick six people and those people play Russian roulette. Winner gets to be a mod.

Anyway, assuming a forum needs a mod it's usually the same as every other forum known to man: mods and admins discuss and then the person gets asked if they'd like to be one.

It usually helps if you at least know the rules and are fairly active.

Oh and for a great chance at being popular, PM the mods a lot and demand to know why a post wasn't infracted, the love that. They also love when you PM them with abuse complaining about a post of yours being infracted. Also, they like boobs, but only man boobs. So post them some of those. I'm quite sure you'll be in with a chance of something.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,117 ✭✭✭talla10

188 posts and you want to be mod?

Power corrupts people. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,808 ✭✭✭FatherLen

if you get a million thanks on your posts you get instant modship.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

You just lost the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭lecker Hendl

you stick your head up your own arse

then you talk through it.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,860 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Oral sex. Lots and lots of oral sex.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

Ask.

Pick an obscure forum, go to an admin and ask.

Guaranteed to work 50% of the time 90% of the time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,897 ✭✭✭MagicSean

Every week they blindfold a cat and put him on the keyboard and hope he picks one.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,646 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

Don't call us, etc...

• Registered Users Posts: 33,330 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Oral sex. Lots and lots of oral sex.

You do NOT want to know what it takes to become a CMod....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,646 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

Penn wrote: »
    You do NOT want to know what it takes to become a CMod....
    I heard that you have to post in a certain number of locked threads. When you reach the magic number, a little bell rings in Boards HQ and the Admins promote you automatically.

Amirite?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement