Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How do I get my iphone unlocked?

Options
  • 19-11-2012 3:27pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 579 ✭✭✭

I just finished a long term contract on billpay with Vodafone and I want to go back to pay-as-you go with a different provider.

It's essentially a Vodafone smartphone I suppose as I got it through the contract a couple of years ago.

Are they obliged to unlock my phone or will the new provider do it for me?

Thanks.

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 13,381 Mod ✭✭✭✭Paulw

If you are registered on the vodafone.ie website, there is an option in there to get the unlock code for up to 3 phones. Costs nothing.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 579 ✭✭✭panama

Paulw wrote: »
    If you are registered on the vodafone.ie website, there is an option in there to get the unlock code for up to 3 phones. Costs nothing.

Good stuff cheers Paul.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 579 ✭✭✭panama

Typically.....after going to the Vodafone website and following the steps I get....

"We're sorry, an error has occurred. Please review the error below.

Non Vodafone Ireland IMEI entered. Only NAC's for Vodafone Ireland handsets can be retrieved (MM-NAC-04).

We don't have this IMEI number in our current systems. This can happen for a variety of reasons:

the incorrect IMEI number may have been entered
    Click here to try again
    the IMEI number may not be from a Vodafone Ireland phone. We can only provide NAC's for Vodafone Ireland phones
    The IMEI number may not be registered on our system.
    If you're sure that you've entered the IMEI number correctly and the phone has been purchased on the Vodafone Ireland network, call Customer Care on 1747 (from a mobile) or 1850 20 40 20 (from a landline)if you're a Prepay customer or 1907 if you're on Pay Monthly."

I googled it and it seems this is a common issue and it takes 7-11 working days for them to send the NAC I need to unlock my phone.

Ridiculous.

"Your request has been sent!
    All customers who are eligible for a network unlock code will receive an email with their device code within 7 to 11 working days. We'll try and send it to you as soon as possible but the time will depend on the manufacturer."

• Registered Users Posts: 6,937 ✭✭✭G1032

I bought a Galaxy S in CPW 2 years ago on a Meteor contract. That phone came SIM unlocked.
    I'm probably going to switch over to 3 mobile soon and am wondering if I get an S3 in CPW with a 3 contract will that phone come as SIM unlocked also?

Advertisement