Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clearing old backups and set backups on NAS server

Options
  • 19-11-2012 12:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭

Hi,
    I had a problem where the NAS server was full, and the old backups were cleared and backup was setup, what steps would I need to take to do this in future.

Also the email notifications were configured to copy support , what steps would I need to take to do this.

The guy who previously did this can't be contacted so I'm pretty much on my own.

Any information at all would be welcome.

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,683 ✭✭✭Kensington

How are (or were) you doing backups up to now?
    Is everyone copying files over manually or do you have some software product?

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭Mr.Triffid

Kensington wrote: »
    How are (or were) you doing backups up to now?
    Is everyone copying files over manually or do you have some software product?

someone outside was doing it, i'm left on my own to do it now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,683 ✭✭✭Kensington

You really need to find out what he put in place and go from there, there are so many possibilities it's impossible to really advise or suggest anything without knowing.
    There's also consideration as to what type of data you are backing up, are there legal requirements for you to retain it for a defined period e.g. company financials, client transactions, legal communications, or do you need to retain it for litigation purposes.

What's your IT setup in the company like? I see you are using SBS from another post - are you using active directory?

Advertisement