Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Severe sudden back pain

Options
  • 19-11-2012 10:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hey everyone, I'm 15 weeks pregnant, 19 years old, otherwise healthy. I was getting ready for college this morning and I suddenly got the most intense pain in my lower back - around the kidney region - on my right side. It felt as though the muscle had completely seized up and the pain was so bad it made me sick. I couldn't stand up straight, walk properly, or breathe properly. I lay down on my bed and when the pain got a little bit better I got into a hot bath and that helped slightly. Now I've been lying down for about an hour and the pain is getting steadily worse, and has spread to the centre the left side of my back. It feels similar to an extremely severe menstrual cramp, only on my back. I'm also quite nauseous and my abdomen is beginning to feel as it would during a period - slightly crampy and generally bloated.

I'm fairly sure it is not a kidney infection, as I went to the doctor a week ago suspecting I had a UTI and she analyzed my urine but couldn't find anything wrong with it.

Has anybody else experienced a similar pain? Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭Rachineire

could be your ligaments stretching, could be a number of things. I would ring your GP or the maternity just to be on the safe side.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,865 ✭✭✭✭January

We can't give medical advice. Contact a health professional.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement