Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Film "The Master" going to give Scientology a bad name ?

Options
  • 18-11-2012 10:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,288 ✭✭✭

Just read a review in this Sunday papers about the new film "The Master".
    It got 5/5 stars and the story looks great. They can't name L. Ron Hubbard but it is his story and the start of the cult, so no lawsuits from his Church of Scientology.

I am really looking forward to this when it's released. Two great actors in it too, Philip Seymour Hoffman and Joaquin Phoenix.

I think somewhere in Los Angeles Tom Cruise is having a massive level 11 rant on his couch about this.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1560747/

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,236 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

Think it does a good job of doing that itself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 663 ✭✭✭FairytaleGirl

TheUsual wrote: »
    Just read a review in this Sunday papers about the new film "The Master".
    It got 5/5 stars and the story looks great. They can't name L. Ron Hubbard but it is his story and the start of the cult, so no lawsuits from his Church of Scientology.

I am really looking forward to this when it's released. Two great actors in it too, Philip Seymour Hoffman and Joaquin Phoenix.

I think somewhere in Los Angeles Tom Cruise is having a massive level 11 rant on his couch about this.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1560747/

Scientology has a good name...?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

Eh, you're wrong about what it's about, it's actually about our Dear overlord mod The Masters rise to power as a boards behemoth.

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭rmchmufc

Scientology does a pretty good job of given itself a bad name . It doesn't need any help from movies

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,288 ✭✭✭TheUsual

Eh, you're wrong about what it's about, it's actually about our Dear overlord mod The Masters rise to power as a boards behemoth.

There's a overlord-mod called "The Master" ?

*whispers* Where ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭BlaasForRafa

Scientology has a good name...?

Thats exactly what I was thinking. Still, if it exposes the reality of what Scientology is like to mainstream America then it can only be a good thing. If Scientology lost its tax-exempt status and was treated as the money-making cult that it is then it would do it a whole load of damage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,073 ✭✭✭Pottler

Scientology eh? That sounds interesting. I've been looking for a replacement for Catholicism and this sounds much nicer. I hear I can even get a free personality check. I always wondered if I had one. I can hear the Scientologolisits'ts giving me the results -"Well Mr Pottler, we've run the tests, and they've come back negative.."

• Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

Its a very good film. Hoffman and Phoenix give first rate performances. My only complaint is that it peters out towards the end.

I think it will have little effect on Scientology, unless they decide to very publicly go after the film.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,301 ✭✭✭The One Who Knocks

Pff this is old news.

Have you's heard about "The Printer"
    It's a movie set to give Kopimism a bad name.

If Scientology lost its tax-exempt status and was treated as the money-making cult that it is then it would do it a whole load of damage.

Tax dollars. Obama gets more money to spend, economy improves, it's win win.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,704 ✭✭✭squod

Tits, car chases and explosions. That's what people want. Not shitelikethis

Pottler wrote: »
    Scientology eh? That sounds interesting. I've been looking for a replacement for Catholicism and this sounds much nicer. I hear I can even get a free personality check.

Hey save your money, the self-medicating half-drunk masses of Boards can sort out your life in a second.
    You just need to go out to the garage and connect the car battery to your gonads with jumper leads. Trust me, I'm a professional.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭9959

Hey save your money, the self-medicating half-drunk masses of Boards can sort out your life in a second.
    You just need to go out to the garage and connect the car battery to your gonads with jumper leads. Trust me, I'm a professional.

Pottler don't try that! I did it and now I've become addicted, it's a fantastic feeling, ok go on then, but just once.

9959 wrote: »
    Pottler don't try that! I did it and now I've become addicted, it's a fantastic feeling, ok go on then, but just once.

We call it the Ball-meter (copyrighted), addicted to feeling better I bet !!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,024 ✭✭✭Ficheall

Not at all relevant, but put me in mind of it.
    Thank you, Scientology!

You are a bad person. I took your advice and am now in Tullamore A&E suffering from Category 6 Ball-bag-Burns. The nice nurse that applied the cooling lotions said it was the worst case she'd seen all night. Who knew so many people read Boards? Who knew cooling lotion application could be so nice?? It took an awful lot of rubbing in and she did have lovely soft hands. Maybe it's not all bad..

Pottler wrote: »
    I took your advice and am now in Tullamore A&E suffering from Category 6 Ball-bag-Burns. The nice nurse that applied the cooling lotions said it was the worst case she'd seen all night. Who knew so many people read Boards? Who knew cooling lotion application could be so nice?? It took an awful lot of rubbing in and she did have lovely soft hands. Maybe it's not all bad..

Tullamore eh ? a.k.a. freaky sex central. Sure they see about 20 rectum cases a night down there with iPhones and other 'accidents'.
    And you really thought that nurse called "Donal" was a chick eh ? :pac:

(Small Print)
    Please note that Boards.ie are not liable for any injury or damage that happens when you take the advice of random internet people.

Tullamore eh ? a.k.a. freaky sex central. Sure they see about 20 rectum cases a night down there with iPhones and other 'accidents'.
    And you really thought that nurse called "Donal" was a chick eh ? :pac:

(Small Print)
    Please note that Boards.ie are not liable for any injury or damage that happens when you take the advice of random internet people.
    Sh1t. I thought I heard "Donna".. this night is getting worse by the minute. I thought "she" was a bit well built around the shoulders. The soft hands bit stands though.. Anyway, I don't really blame you, I think I got the leads mixed up, I must've connected the + on the battery to my negative nut.

Advertisement