Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

First triathlon 2013!!!

Options
  • 18-11-2012 9:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭

I hope to complete my first triathlon next year, coming into the training with a running backround, the Dublin Marathon was my 5th. I have gotten membership in the local gym and need to know how best to use it. My swimming is very weak so want to swim at least 2 times a week, cycling would be ok so plan on doing 2 spinning classes each week. Want to continue the running over the winter so need 3 a week. My question is really how best to fit the 7 sessions into ideally 5 days? What 2 sessions would be possible to double up on the same day?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 41 pk88

Hi

I would advise you to join a club maybe?? Makes it much easier to get information and help in training for your eventual goal. Have you looked into it??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭miller82

mattym wrote: »
    I hope to complete my first triathlon next year, coming into the training with a running backround, the Dublin Marathon was my 5th. I have gotten membership in the local gym and need to know how best to use it. My swimming is very weak so want to swim at least 2 times a week, cycling would be ok so plan on doing 2 spinning classes each week. Want to continue the running over the winter so need 3 a week. My question is really how best to fit the 7 sessions into ideally 5 days? What 2 sessions would be possible to double up on the same day?

cycle to and from work if you can, run in one day if you can. two swimming sessions are easy enough to sort out. Keep long run/cycle for the weekend and short high tempo one;s for during the week IMO

Joining a club makes it easier though. I did my first year solo and last year with a club and it is so much easier and enjoyable with a club

Advertisement