Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

best guitar for beginner??

Options
  • 18-11-2012 8:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8

I'm trying to get the other half a guitar as its his goal for 2013 to learn, I've no idea what type to buy him, can anyone please advise me on this at all?? any advice would be much appreciated!! :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,446 ✭✭✭Rigsby

This thread is similar and might give you some ideas.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056796280

• Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭Etc

Hi,

Would he like to play an acoustic or an electric guitar ? If there is no preference I'd suggest buying him an acoustic steel string guitar. If he wants an electric you have to consider an amplifier and a couple of cables.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Oscarwells

He wants to start with an acoustic def, is there like a particular brand I look for or is that a ridic question!!!
    Etc wrote: »
    Hi,

Would he like to play an acoustic or an electric guitar ? If there is no preference I'd suggest buying him an acoustic steel string guitar. If he wants an electric you have to consider an amplifier and a couple of cables.

Rigsby wrote: »
    This thread is similar and might give you some ideas.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056796280

Thanks will do!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭Joshua J

You haven't really given a budget. You could pick up something for circa 150 euro like epiphone, yamaha, fender etc that will do to practice on. Last week I bought this and have to say that for the price it has blown me away. Excellent sound and feel and think the mahogany finish looks beautiful. Now that is the electro-acoustic which you use with an amp so not for you but this is the acoustic version and if within your budget I'd highly recommend. Anyway I'll list a few entry models below that would be fine for beginner.

Fender

Epiphone

Yamaha

The choice is endless to be honest.

Thomann

• Advertisement

Thanks a mill, I dont want to spend too much incase it ends up as a clothes horse in a few months time, if i can get somethign decent for 100-150 id be happy enough, he wont know the difference anyway!

can you recommend good shop in dub to go in and look at them in 'real life'???

• Registered Users Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭Joshua J

Oscarwells wrote: »
    Thanks a mill, I dont want to spend too much incase it ends up as a clothes horse in a few months time, if i can get somethign decent for 100-150 id be happy enough, he wont know the difference anyway!

can you recommend good shop in dub to go in and look at them in 'real life'???

Not from Dublin but Waltons would have what you need. Good luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,315 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

i was recommended a crafter (d7n) no complaints at all with it

but i only have a small music shop locally (in an upstairs room) and the guy in there is pretty good, got my les paul off him as well

Advertisement