Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Heavy Duty Jump Leads - £12 @ Amazon

Options
  • 18-11-2012 8:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,849 ✭✭✭

In case anyone needs jump leads at the moment.. Could be useful when car batteries start to fail in the cold.

These are currently £11.89 down from £15.80.

They are cheaper than the set in Lidl tomorrow (assuming you order more things and get free shipping over £25) and are probably better quality. One of the reviews mentions the lack of insulation around the top of the clips as an advantage too (easier to get onto awkward battery terminals).
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭peckerhead

Cheers. Those look a lot better quality than the Lidl ones, of which I own a pair. The handles (on the Lidl ones) are hard plastic which becomes brittle in the cold; mine snapped nearly straight away.

• Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭Only

I bought those exact ones from Amazon a few months ago - paid just over £14 at the time - they are FAR superior to the cheap ones you pick up here - a decent length of cable and proper clips ... a great buy!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Only wrote: »
    I bought those exact ones from Amazon a few months ago - paid just over £14 at the time - they are FAR superior to the cheap ones you pick up here - a decent length of cable and proper clips ... a great buy!

How is the cable made off to the clips?

• Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭Only

Sorry Davy, I don't really understand your question ... I'll have a look at the cables and check whatever you want but not sure what you're asking:o

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭thomas01

Postage to Ireland from Amazon is free provided that the order is over £25 and is a "Super Saver Delivery" item. I only noticed this morning. I had been waiting on parcel motel to arrive in my area before placing an order.

• Advertisement
Advertisement