Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WALL MOUNT

Options
  • 18-11-2012 5:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭

hi all am looking at getting a tablet
    for customers to use when they come into the shop
    so they can browse stock check prices etc saving staff time
    what i was looking for was a wall mount anyone know where i could aqquire one please

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

curehead wrote: »
    hi all am looking at getting a tablet
    for customers to use when they come into the shop
    so they can browse stock check prices etc saving staff time
    what i was looking for was a wall mount anyone know where i could aqquire one please

Lol keep it out of reach, it will just be stolen even with the mount!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭curehead

Lol keep it out of reach, it will just be stolen even with the mount!!!
    any serious replies would be great
    (trolls why do they bother ):rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

curehead wrote: »
    any serious replies would be great
    (trolls why do they bother ):rolleyes:

I gave you a friendly advice ***hol*. Because it happens, there's a reason why every tech shop has security at their doors.

seriously i didn't just fall out of the sky i understand whats involved
    but thanks for looking out for me

• Registered Users Posts: 9,128 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

It'll depend on the tablet you choose. There seems to be a number available for the iPad, but other tablets will probably have less options.

For other tablets, search for tablet name secure wall mount, and it may turn up some. You may need to commission a cabinet maker to make one for you if you can't find one that suits.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,899 ✭✭✭kirving

You could probably get a polycarbonate case custom built for any tablet you choose. A suggested, a cabinet maker may be the best place to go for this. It might be a days work though, so obviously get a quote.

Make sure your catalogue (pdf or website or whatever) works well on whatever tablet you choose, you don't want to irritate customers with a poor experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,118 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

He's right, it will walk and probably what ever it's attached to as well. Scumbags would brake Iron, i've seen them.

Something like what this crowd do it probably more what your after http://www.touchpoint.ie/products/touchscreen-kiosks might be worth seeing have they an ex demo models etc.

You could probably get a polycarbonate case custom built for any tablet you choose. A suggested, a cabinet maker may be the best place to go for this. It might be a days work though, so obviously get a quote.

Make sure your catalogue (pdf or website or whatever) works well on whatever tablet you choose, you don't want to irritate customers with a poor experience.

it's just for web browsing nothing too fancy just need something to secure it onto beside till or near and maybe a swivel arm haven't come across anything suitable yet i wont be getting too much into it if there not readily available
    will change plan.
    thanks

He's right, it will walk and probably what ever it's attached to as well. Scumbags would brake Iron, i've seen them.

Something like what this crowd do it probably more what your after http://www.touchpoint.ie/products/touchscreen-kiosks might be worth seeing have they an ex demo models etc.

a bit too upmarket than what im looking at just a handy tablet 80 quid in pc world just for loading a few web pages and to secure it to the wall so it doesnt get thrown around as i'd need it plugged in
    maybe i need a rethink .

• Registered Users Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭griffdaddy

Gino's Ice cream place on Grafton Street have something like this. It's an Android tab on a mount that you can read the news on and stuff, they have it on a mount. Do you have a counter/table you build it into? Would probably be the best way to do it

• Advertisement

griffdaddy wrote: »
    Gino's Ice cream place on Grafton Street have something like this. It's an Android tab on a mount that you can read the news on and stuff, they have it on a mount. Do you have a counter/table you build it into? Would probably be the best way to do it

ya thats exactly what i was lookin for, just need the mount :)

Advertisement