Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Holts Ready To Use Car Screenwash - 5 Litres Only €2.99

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭Libera

I looked at that the other day but bear in mind it only goes to -2, so if a cold winter, you are better going for a more concentrated form with a higher minus factor (concentrated versions also work out cheaper in the long run and you control the strength, as required). :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,931 ✭✭✭dodzy

Libera wrote: »
    I looked at that the other day but bear in mind it only goes to -2, so if a cold winter, you are better going for a more concentrated form with a higher minus factor (concentrated versions also work out cheaper in the long run and you control the strength, as required). :)
    Just noticed that this are sold out in all braches. Libera, were you at it again ?:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭Max Power

Libera wrote: »
    Just throw in a few drops of anti-freeze and your grand.

Thanks OP.

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭Libera

dodzy wrote: »
    Just noticed that this are sold out in all braches. Libera, were you at it again ?:p

Not guilty! ;)

dodzy wrote: »
    Tullamore. ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,035 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Just throw in a few drops of anti-freeze and your grand.
    I don't think this is advisable at all at all......

Not your ornery onager

Esel wrote: »
    I don't think this is advisable at all at all......
    Why not?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,035 ✭✭✭✭Esel

^ Potential of damage to paintwork from overspray would be my main reason for not doing it.

Edit:

http://answers.edmunds.com/question-I-accidentally-put-antifreeze-windshield-wiper-compartment-car-Now-what-42659.aspx

http://wiki.answers.com/Q/Accidentally_put_coolant_in_the_window_washer_container

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20071224064523AAsaxNi

From the AA Winter Motoring Advice page :
    Top up Windscreen washer fluid and treat with a suitable additive to reduce the chance of freezing. Don't use ordinary engine antifreeze as it will damage paintwork.

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Heatons had 5l of ready to use wash good down to -20 for €1 recently. My car holds 4.5 litres of wash so it didn't last long. was goodstuff for a euro though.

Advertisement