Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aldi Beer Deal Valid "Everyday" in their Christmas line-up

Options
  • 18-11-2012 10:19am
    Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭

O'Sheas Stout and Ale - €1.79 500 mls (made by Carlow Brewing co (Curim, O'Haras etc) if I'm not mistaking)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭annie.t

vicwatson wrote: »
    Rheinbacher Pils - €6.49 6 x 500mls (this is currently €8.99 in lidl)
    Isnt that aldi's own brand - the same as perlenbacher is own lidl's brand?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

annie.t wrote: »
    Isnt that aldi's own brand - the same as perlenbacher is own lidl's brand?

Apologies, good spot, I confused it with Bitburger Pils. I'll amend this. Tks

• Registered Users Posts: 4,840 ✭✭✭RayCon

^ - Yip ... and Perlinbacher is €6.49 too ....

• Registered Users Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

Phoenix wrote: »
    Whats the deal though?i thought €1.79 is the RRP for this stout

Think that's the gist of the thread, quality beer at what other retailers consider "special offer" prices are Aldi/Lidl "all the time" prices.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

vicwatson wrote: »
    O'Sheas Stout and Ale - €1.79 500 mls (made by Carlow Brewing co (Curim, O'Haras etc) if I'm not mistaking)

Exactly right, Carlow make them. They are slightly different to the O'Hara's lineup though, especially the pale ale which is lower in alcohol than O'Hara's IPA.
    They are excellent though and if I had an aldi close by in Blanch, I would certainly be going there for my session beers.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,840 ✭✭✭RayCon

Saruman wrote: »
    if I had an aldi close by in Blanch,.

There's one in Clonee village - pretty close

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭cruhoortwunk

They are slightly different to the O'Hara's lineup though, especially the pale ale which is lower in alcohol than O'Hara's IPA.

No it's the equivalent of O'Hara's Irish Red. It's a red ale, not an IPA. I haven't compared alcohol content on the 2 (O'Hara's Irish Red, and Aldi Irish Ale), but I reckon they would be the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,500 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

No it's the equivalent of O'Hara's Irish Red. It's a red ale, not an IPA. I haven't compared alcohol content on the 2 (O'Hara's Irish Red, and Aldi Irish Ale), but I reckon they would be the same.
    Actually, there are now three beers in the ALDI/O'Sheas range, and yes, the IPA (green label) is similar to O'Hara's Pale Ale (but not quite as strong in alcohol).

• Registered Users Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

If you didn't see the pale ale then it was probably sold out. It tends to be the most popular in my experience.

@RayCon Clonee?? Sure that's Meath :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭cruhoortwunk

If you didn't see the pale ale then it was probably sold out. It tends to be the most popular in my experience.

@RayCon Clonee?? Sure that's Meath :p

Ah right I have never seen the IPA yet.

Advertisement