Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can i get windows 8 upgrade?

Options
  • 18-11-2012 1:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭

im thinking of upgrading from 7 to 8 at christmas but i am also planing on getting a new hard drive so will i be able to install windows 8 with the upgrade cd on the new drive or will i need the full windows 8 cd

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 811 ✭✭✭Rambo

im thinking of upgrading from 7 to 8 at christmas but i am also planing on getting a new hard drive so will i be able to install windows 8 with the upgrade cd on the new drive or will i need the full windows 8 cd

Get new hard first, then clone window 7 to new hard drive
    then use use windows 8 CD upgrade to upgrade

• Registered Users Posts: 81,925 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Unless they did something radically different with the installation process for 8, than they did for 7, you should be fine just plugging the new drive in and running the 8 DVD. To upgrade from Vista I did a clean drive wipe and just ran the 7 DVD without any issues: it should be looking for information unique to your system's motherboard to verify homogeneity.

Advertisement