Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

J1 in New York City

Options
  • 17-11-2012 7:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 22

Hey there!

I'm planning on going to New York City next summer.

If anyone's been there and done it before and can enlighten me on their experience, that'd be great!

As things stand, I'm going over on my own so as a sensible money-saving effort, I'd be hoping to share accommodation with some other Irish students.

Let me know if you're also interested in heading over there in 2013!

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9 kelleynangle

hey paddy, im heading over in june. add me on facebook and we can sort something http://www.facebook.com/kelley.nangle

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Paddy258

Just after sending you a message there on FB, couldn't add you, probably down to your security settings.

whats yur name of facebook and ill add you paddy!

no message as of yet on facebook. send me your link please. stupid settings stop me from getting friend requests too!

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Paddy258

http://www.facebook.com/patrick.devaney93

There's my page. Settings must stop messages getting through too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6 darrenmac

Hey guys I am heading over too was meant to be working upstate new york but the employer has let me down

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Internship USA

Hi guys,

if you still have not got accommodation sorted out, please check us out: We are an Irish-owned company located on Fifth Avenue in Manhattan.

We can offer student accommodation in the Upper West Side area of Manhattan available for Irish J-1 students and interns. (But all nationalities are welcome really!) We've just begun booking our first Irish students in there. So far we have Sligo, Limerick and Dublin 'in the house', as they say...

Could be great for you, especially if you're in a group! There is a good buzz at this place, lots of students around, fun atmosphere.

Photos are here:
    http://www.international-study-usa.com/accommodation.htm

Our student residence really will be the perfect launch pad to explore all that NYC has to offer. Book today and you have one less thing to plan for your New York adventure.

Stay in contact! Like us on Facebook: www.Facebook.com/InternshipUSA

• Registered Users Posts: 14 ItsNotAyne

Hi! Im 19 from Tipp and currently actually in NY but dont know any other Irish :(. I have accomodation for now. Id love to meet up with J1ers coming over though. Or if anyone needed another person for an appt I might be interested :) But basically to meet other real Irish people in Manhattan would be great. Aine

Advertisement